shape
carat
color
clarity

Loupe purchase advise please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I would like to purchase a Loupe, any things I should look out for or avoid? Is 10x magnification what I need. I just want to check my prongs in the future and get to know my diamonds better
25.gif
. I live in the Uk, so no idea where to even go.
Any advise appreciated.
D2B

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 10:48:27 AM
Author:D2B
Hi

I would like to purchase a Loupe, any things I should look out for or avoid? Is 10x magnification what I need. I just want to check my prongs in the future and get to know my diamonds better
25.gif
. I live in the Uk, so no idea where to even go.

Any advise appreciated.

D2B

10x for general use, 30x only as a second loupe for getting intimate with inclusions and *easily* reading laser inscriptions.

Must be 'triplex', meaning three lens to correct that (spherical) distortion around the edges you've probably seen before with common magnifying glasses or your grandfather's loupe.

The lens also need to be coated to correct for color distortion if that's important to you.

Shiny or colorful loupes look nice, but do realize they can reflect color or bleed their own color into the diamond. Matt black is king here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my 10x loupe on ebay for a few dollars and it is just fine for my purposes.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks heaps everyone. Will have a look at the Nikkon one.
thansk again
D2B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results