shape
carat
color
clarity

Louisiana Coronavirus updates

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s getting so bad here I figured I’d just make my own updates here.

From today’s press conference by the governor:

1) stay at home mandate is now statewide.

2) ten time increase in 7 days

3) when we will run out of health care capacity: 7-10 days based on rate of spread, percent of ill population that needs to be hospitalized, average length of hospitalization and how much we are able to surge capacity

4) no reason to think we won’t be the next Italy

5) Louisiana is #3 in cases per capita, behind New York and Washington state

6) Louisiana has the fastest growth rate in confirmed cases IN THE WORLD for the first 13 days.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4B25118C-1D82-4BB8-A5BB-3E92736849CD.jpeg B44047FC-11E9-4D69-B9FB-414BC5E25702.png 62DA54AE-C61A-4BAE-BA46-E5EDD062B0C5.jpeg BD2D286E-3363-4B30-BF91-0ECE7E7248C3.jpeg

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm kind of surprised LA is third. I'd have thought CA. I think we're very under counted here in CO - supposedly only 476 cases, but I imagine with more testing available that number would change. Stay safe!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm kind of surprised LA is third. I'd have thought CA. I think we're very under counted here in CO - supposedly only 476 cases, but I imagine with more testing available that number would change. Stay safe!

It clearly was spread during Mardi Gras...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah Ohio just got put under a stay at home order....I am so seriously depressed its not even funny

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep you didn't have enough testing kits to find out who has it and who doesn't or put in place social isolation to slow it down quickly enough, so there are a heap more undiagnosed cases walking around too....

The US will have far more cases than Italy or China, only time will tell how many people will die, hopefully because your medical resources are better % wise it's less than both places.

As I said in one of the other threads a huge problem in the US and in Australia is that people are not used to losing their civil liberties, our countries can tell people to stay at home all they like but some (often younger people who think they are less at risk) actively choose to ignore that advice.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep you didn't have enough testing kits to find out who has it and who doesn't or put in place social isolation to slow it down quickly enough, so there are a heap more undiagnosed cases walking around too....

The US will have far more cases than Italy or China, only time will tell how many people will die, hopefully because your medical resources are better % wise it's less than both places.

As I said in one of the other threads a huge problem in the US and in Australia is that people are not used to losing their civil liberties, our countries can tell people to stay at home all they like but some (often younger people who think they are less at risk) actively choose to ignore that advice.

Meanwhile in my experience all the people my age (30s) are generally staying home, our parents on the other hand, not so much!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother won’t stay home. I finally explained to her about how any extra person who gets sick puts my husband and also her daughter at risk. I hear she is doing a better job now at staying home.

I’m waiting for the department of health 5:30 pm update, which is over 30 mins late now.

And, yes, a select few are already screaming “unconstitutional” about the order.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp, the department of health is only going to update once a day at noon now. My guess is because it’s going to be ridiculous numbers now

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just awful @whitewave...my thoughts are with you. I hope you are able to stay home and safe.

I had to go get groceries today. I did my best to stay away from people (6 foot) but I noticed not everyone was trying to stay away from
me. Gave me the creeps....wish I had an invisible force field.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just awful @whitewave...my thoughts are with you. I hope you are able to stay home and safe.

I had to go get groceries today. I did my best to stay away from people (6 foot) but I noticed not everyone was trying to stay away from
me. Gave me the creeps....wish I had an invisible force field.

Thanks.

Or you could just do this....
42A7BF1F-FA40-4812-A699-3B164C76DCD5.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
335 more cases in 1 day.

9D673B72-815D-497E-9972-D52322DE541B.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FD3569C8-67B1-46EF-B545-EC159DA8F0C8.jpeg

I think he wrote letter to other professions too.

He thanked about every kind of essential worked at the press conference yesterday.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is your state building a mobilised field hospital/s somewhere like they are in NY?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your state building a mobilised field hospital/s somewhere like they are in NY?

I don’t know. I had to gork out last night because I was on overload.

I do know Louisiana has higher than average hospital capacity... so maybe not yet. I’m betting it’s in the works though

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
76B66010-6B0E-4D5A-9CD3-C813C5F2E80F.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed a few days 4A42B827-F74A-454A-A6D9-F732028A2DEF.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2046B9B0-BF69-4829-9267-E1C89ED03626.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
63728AB2-4151-4347-9468-9E9884E48559.png

80C7F13A-1460-49A0-A315-4973A163C5C8.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly it will get much worse before it gets better. I hope states in the US work out ways to force people to stay at home. We are now getting hefty fines and the threat of jail time if we break the rules....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly it will get much worse before it gets better. I hope states in the US work out ways to force people to stay at home. We are now getting hefty fines and the threat of jail time if we break the rules....

I think NJ is imposing fines on people who are gathering in groups etc.

And thankfully some of the NYC playgrounds have finally been closed due to people not respecting 6 foot distancing. I think all playgrounds and parks need to be closed. Some NYC people think they’re invincible:(

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think NJ is imposing fines on people who are gathering in groups etc.

And thankfully some of the NYC playgrounds have finally been closed due to people not respecting 6 foot distancing. I think all playgrounds and parks need to be closed. Some NYC people think they’re invincible:(

Our playgrounds and parks were closed weeks ago, you can walk through them but they are not allowing anyone including children to play in them. We started with $1000 fines, now they are starting to implement $5000 fines and jail time if people who should not be out go out.... and it's working we are actually starting to slow the curve of exponential infection down.

From someone watching this unfold on the outside looking in, most of the US, sadly, is a case of too little too late and now when drastic measures are needed to contain this your government still isn't doing enough.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our playgrounds and parks were closed weeks ago, you can walk through them but they are not allowing anyone including children to play in them. We started with $1000 fines, now they are starting to implement $5000 fines and jail time if people who should not be out go out.... and it's working we are actually starting to slow the curve of exponential infection down.

From someone watching this unfold on the outside looking in, most of the US, sadly, is a case of too little too late and now when drastic measures are needed to contain this your government still isn't doing enough.

I agree completely. :(

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been closeted in my house for weeks. But I have had a situation in my house that I have attempted to address many times. My daughter's fiancé has been treating this "lockdown" very lightly and using my car and my house as he engages in what he considers fishing (which Governor Lamont made legal in Connecticut) and I consider the fishing business and reckless behavior. I think last night may have been (I stress may) the breaking point. He wants to leave rather than to allow me to interfere in his fishing. I feel his reckless behavior may already have caused me to be infected but do not want to continue this way, so have told him he can fish alone but not also go to the bait store, the delicatessen, and the pet store, when he does. He says he can't fish without bait. He is engaging in commerce in that bait store, selling crabs there. It is not OK with me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a situation in my house that I have attempted to address many times. My daughter's fiancé has been treating this "lockdown" very lightly and using my car and my house as he engages in in what he considers fishing (which Governor Lamont made legal in Connecticut) and I consider the fishing business and reckless behavior. I think last night may have been (I stress may) the breaking point. He wants to leave rather than to allow me to interfere in his fishing. I feel his reckless behavior may already have caused me to be infected but do not want to continue this way, so have told him he can fish alone but not also go to the bait store, the delicatessen, and the pet store, when he does. He says he can't fish without bait. He is engaging in commerce in that bait store, selling crabs there. It is not OK with me.

@AGBF this is distressing as he is putting you and your DD at risk. Can you please take his car privileges away. And invoke “your house your rules”

Please take care of yourself.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF this is distressing as he is putting you and your DD at risk. Can you please take his car privileges away. And invoke “your house your rules”

Please take care of yourself.

He gave me back my keys last night as he was planning to move out. He had been the only one running any errands as I was staying home. I decided I would rather go out, infrequently, on necessary errands than live with his behavior. So I have my car back. I am sure it smells of fish.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of fish. Some people went diving last night when they weren't supposed to down here in Riviera. One of the women got her head sliced open by a boat propellar...which should not have been in the water either. The unfortunate part is that she did not make it. People feel like they can do whatever they want, no one can tell them what to do. And its sad that they put others at risk like this.

@AGBF its for the best. No one should put someone at risk for the hell of it.

@whitewave, tell your LA folks that stuff is closed in Florida...lol They keep coming here for some reason.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results