shape
carat
color
clarity

LOTR Proposal!! Don''t have The One Ring yet, but....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
My short proposal story can be found in the New Ladies In Waiting thread, and you can catch up on my "saga" in the Anxious to get the Ering thread! I''ll update this post as soon as I have time with the full proposal story and more pics of my fake bling and hopefully the real bling soon!

My FIANCE (!!!!!!) proposed to me during The Return of the King, just after Gimli says "Salted pork?!" to Merry and Pippin at Isengard. This was the first time we had a chance to actually watch the movie on DVD together, although we''d owned it for several months, and we didn''t even watch 20 minutes of it!! After relishing in the newly engaged bliss for a while, we were off to Walmart to buy my temporary engagement ring - He wasn''t able to get the real one in time for his proposal deadline, but didn''t want to wait that long to get engaged! I''m so glad he didn''t wait - it was the most wonderful moment in my life, ring or not!!
emlove.gif

This is my $8.88 Walmart "Look! We''re engaged! Just don''t have the real one yet cause it couldn''t arrive in time for the proposal!" engagement ring. Looks like a 1ct RB cz in a basket setting with 3 channel set graduated cz''s on either side in a tapered shank. Ring is a size 5, but I''m more of a size 4.5.

Hmmm... having problems attaching files. You can dream about my Walmart ring until I figure this out, can''t you?
2.gif

The newly engaged JCJD
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, JCJD! Best wishes to you and enjoy that Walmart ring!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Arghh, JCJD!! You''re killing us
1.gif
1.gif

Whatever happened to practicing attachments with that cute picture of you and your FIANCE
1.gif
1.gif

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Now you''ve got me thinking I should get a placeholder for when I send my ring back to be fixed... don''t know if I can live with a naked finger for a week
1.gif
Your Walmart ring sounds very pretty.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies:

I don''t know if it is just me....but I once bought a ring from JC Penney''s or something or other to wear when I busted the prongs on my ring....well....I had it on my finger for not two days when my finger broke out in welts!!!!! Maybe I am allergic to silver..but be careful! Take it off when you are at home. LOL!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif

This is so sweet!
12.gif
Enjoy your Walmart ring (and be sure to save it for posterity) until the real deal arrives!
2.gif
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations
36.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
congrats!!!!! gotta love that walmart ring!!!
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! Sorry about the lack of pics, I started this thread on a different computer and the attach file window refused to load. But here''s that picture of me and my fiance from the Anxious thread to keep you all busy!!

JCJDCamping.jpg

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
JCJD, that is great news. You are making me think I should have gone that route with a temporary ring. Can''t wait to see it.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OK, let''s see if these work... My blurry pics aren''t cooperating with my computer, so you''ll have to deal with the clear shots from placing my hand on the scanner!

#1/3

WalmartJC011.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
# 2/3 - looks like it''s fluorescing!!

WalmartJC021.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
#3/3 - side view so you can see the basket setting.

WalmartJC031.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
That''s all folks! I''ll try to upload some more pics when I get back from Thanksgiving.

I''ve been getting lots of compliments on this ring, and tons of stares, and when we tell people it''s cz from Walmart, they grab my hand and stare again, cause they can''t believe it! LOL it''s great!!

Some info about us if you don''t want to trek through the 30+ pages of Anxious;
We met in high school, I was 14, he was 17, started dating 9 months after I developed the HUGEST crush (I was 15 by then). After 1 year of dating, he graduated and went to college in our hometown, the next year I graduated and moved 2 states away to college. The long-distance was hard but one of the best things to happen in our relationship - we learned how to effectively communicate with each other and sort out our problems and differences fairly quickly. Four years later, I graduated, got into grad school at his college, he graduated last December, finally found a job (computer science degree) in town in October, and we got engaged 5 days ago (Friday November 19). So we''ve been together for 7 years and 2 months, and we might be getting married on June 25th (if we can get the church!!) with a reception in my dad''s back yard (dependent upon NE weather!!).
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving weekend, or a great weekend for the Canadians, Brits, Aussies, etc!
9.gif

tlmd

Rough_Rock
Congratulations JCJD. The wal-mart ring is beautiful. Who''d have thought??? Any word on when the real ring is coming?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks tlmd!! My fi won''t tell me ANYTHING about the real bling, except that it''ll be platinum (I hate gold on me and I''m allergic to nickel in white gold), it''ll fit my finger (ha ha!) and he''ll get it before this one wears out. I do know that he''s been looking at solitaire settings, and we both agree that 3/4 is about the max we want to go, more like .5 ct, and I love a 3/8 ct RB solitaire on my hand. Of course, with this 1ct cz I might experience some diamond shrinkage syndrome for a while!! But that''s a risk I''m willing to take!
2.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
JC - the ring is lovely! I would be telling people its a walmart ring too just to get their reaction! LOVE IT LOVE IT! Congratulations again!!! Cant wait for you to get the real "precious"!!!

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD - CONGRATULATIONS....!!! Oh... how exciting! I''m just thrilled for you.... and anxious to see your new/real BLING!
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, those scanner pics were pretty good--and I love that ring! You may get a short period of shrinkage when you get the real precious, but I guarantee it won''t last long once you''ve got rainbows in your eyes!!!
30.gif

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
congratulaions!!!! i love that walmart ring.....too cute! you guys seem like an adorable couple.

remember...we''re all waiting for the real blng pics!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Awwww
emlove.gif

Congrats!! I would never have guessed that that''s a "placeholder" ring--it''s beautiful!! Hooray
1.gif

Congrats!! Enjoy your new status.

I wore a cz that i got at Macy''s for about a month while Whiteflash was making our ring. I had told so many people about my ring after we got engaged and when i''d see people, they''d say, oh, let me see your ring. I had great fun telling people it was a cz and i bought it for five bucks.

I had to wear something while the ring was being made. It felt naked, plus, as Todd teased me, I am now branded for life.

Happy Turkey day!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
JCJD!!!!!
How sweet. High School Sweet Hearts. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I''m so happy for you.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Cute cute cute cute! I love it.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
JC! I REALLY like your walmart ring. You could TOTALLY tell non-diamond saavy people (ie.. the majority of the world) that it was your real e-ring. They''d believe it. Its a pretty "setting". I wonder if your real ring will be similair.. (or if your fiance got worried when he saw that the fake ring you picked out is nothing like what he got..) lol..

COngrats again!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OH! In one of the bridal magazines I have they have a whole bunch of stuff on how to have a Lord of the Rings wedding! You guys totally SHOULD.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I''ve been having TONS of fun flashing around my "placeholder" ring! And I''ve been totally getting a kick out of telling people it''s $9 from Walmart! Just the look on people''s faces is the best!! They just can''t believe that it''s not real! LOL!! My soon-to-be sister-in-law took a bunch of beautiful pics of the ring over Thanksgiving on her digital, and some really good pics of the FI and I. I''ll post some once she sends them to me.

I really do like this "setting", especially since I want a channel set diamond w-band and it would match. :) I''m pretty sure he''s getting a solitaire, but I won''t know until he re-proposes!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Wooo-hooooo!!! We just set our wedding date!!! It will be June 24, 2005, which is a Friday, at 7pm with a dessert, hors d''ourves, and dancing reception, hopefully in my dad''s backyard! Yippee!!!!!

And since we''ve got the date set, I figured I might as well update the proposal story while I''m waiting for more pics from his sister!

The Full Proposal Story!!!
So, after a hard week in grad school for me, my wonderful boyfriend decided he was going to take me out to one of our favorite restaurants, this one in particular because his mom had given him a coupon there. AFter examining the coupon, we discovered that it was only good Monday through Thursday, (that was a Friday), so we couldn''t use it. Then, rather than deciding to go grab fast food or Applebees or something, he suggested that we go to our very favorite restaurant that has a very intimate setting and amazing food. That got my attention, because this is a moderately expensive restaurant, and it wasn''t a special occasion or something for us (we normally just go there on anniversaries and birthdays), but I didn''t want to get my hopes up thinking he would propose then, and besides, he knows I''m terrified of getting engaged in front of people, so I didn''t let myself think too much into it. He was good and kept me off the track by pointing out that he hasn''t been able to take me out to dinner for a long time (he''d been out of work for quite a while after graduating college). So, we went to the restaurant, had a wonderful meal, great conversation, etc etc etc - it was perfect!!! And then we decided to go back to his place to watch LOTR Return of the King, because we''d owned the DVD since it was available, but hadn''t actually watched it together yet. So, we drove there, popped in the DVD, cuddled up together on the couch, and not 15 minutes into the movie, he kissed me on my cheek and said, "JC?" (At which point I knew he was proposing!!!) Me: "Yes?" Him: "Will you marry me?" Me: "YES!!!!!!!"
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
After kissing and giggling and making him ask me several more times, we stopped the movie (which we still haven''t actually watched yet!!), went to tell his mom, drove to Walmart to get my placeholder ring, called my mom, went to my dad''s to tell him, called his dad, and called other relatives until about midnight. It was wonderful!!
9.gif

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
Congrats JCJD! Isn''t it the most wonderful feeling in the world? And now you get two proprosals when he gets the e-ring...it was a dress rehearsal.
2.gif

Don''t forget to post pics of the updated e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results