shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost my job =(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I got laid off on Friday!
39.gif

My company laid off all of the part-time people (I was working 30 hours a week or so) and cut the salaries of everyone else by at least 10%!

I''ve put out all the appropriate feelers of course, and I may have a lead on a pretty good job, but if you could throw a little dust in my direction that I find something soon, that would be fabulous. This really throws a kink in the "saving for the wedding" plans!

Luckily, I work a couple shifts a week in a restaurant, so at least I have enough money coming in that I can contribute to our bills, but there won''t be any extra... which stinks, because our WEDDING RINGS have just finished being customized and now we can''t pick them up from the store because we''re not prepared to pay for them in full yet!

...Which may be a blessing in disguise, because I love them so much I would want to wear mine IMMEDIATELY. Haha.
27.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katy, I''m so sorry to hear your news. I was laid off earlier this year (in the midst of wedding planning) so I know how stressful it can be. I''m glad to hear you have your restaurant job to fall back on.

Good luck!!! I''ll send lots of dust your way ***************************************************************

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that. Hopefully where a door closes a window will open! Keep us updated!

Margot

Rough_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that. Worrying about making ends meet can be so stressful. It sounds like you''ve got a great attitude though!

*sending dust*

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 8:44:20 AM
Author:KatyWI
I got laid off on Friday!
39.gif

My company laid off all of the part-time people (I was working 30 hours a week or so) and cut the salaries of everyone else by at least 10%!

I''ve put out all the appropriate feelers of course, and I may have a lead on a pretty good job, but if you could throw a little dust in my direction that I find something soon, that would be fabulous. This really throws a kink in the ''saving for the wedding'' plans!

Luckily, I work a couple shifts a week in a restaurant, so at least I have enough money coming in that I can contribute to our bills, but there won''t be any extra... which stinks, because our WEDDING RINGS have just finished being customized and now we can''t pick them up from the store because we''re not prepared to pay for them in full yet!

...Which may be a blessing in disguise, because I love them so much I would want to wear mine IMMEDIATELY. Haha.
27.gif
Oh honey, i am so sorry to hear this! I actually work in the real estate industry, so I didn''t lose my job per se, but I might as well have. I have been working three jobs (one in a restaurant too!) to try and balance out the bills. I have great faith that something will come your way really soon!

********************DUST. DUST. DUST.*****************************************

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
lots of dust for you Katy. Sorry to hear the news

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m sorry hun. (((((BIG HUG!)))))

*****Job Dust*****Job Dust*****Job Dust*****Job Dust*****Job Dust*****Job Dust*****Job Dust*****Job Dust*****

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this!!!!

I work in HR and it''s it very stressful when we have to reduce our workforce. We had a round of layoffs at the end of last year and we had some internal debates about whether to wait until after Christmas or do it a few weeks before. In the end, we decided to do it BEFORE Christmas so that people had an opportunity to cut back before it was too late. We didn''t want anyone overextending themselves at Christmas and then losing their jobs without warning.

My advice is to definitely stay strong and positive! in this current economy. I send you tons of dust!!!!! and super good luck getting your rings! I will be sure to tip all my servers extra in the coming weeks!
35.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, ladies. It means a lot to have your dust behind my efforts!! :)

wannaBMrsH, it''s actually really interesting to see it from the other side. When I was with my ex, one of the worst things that happened in our relationship was that he lost his job a few weeks before Christmas. He was miserable through the holiday season, and then again the next year when he was reminded of it BY the season. But I never thought about it from the perspective you''ve mentioned here... that it probably was good that he didn''t overspend on gifts that year counting on a salary that he wouldn''t have had! I always thought it was so cruel to lay someone off right before Christmas, but now I realize you''re sort of damned if you do, damned if you don''t on that account!

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear the bad news, but I will sent some dust your way!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, that sounds stressful. Tons of DUST for that job lead you mentioned!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the club
7.gif
It sucks. I hope your situation doesn''t last long.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this news Katy! I really hope your job search is successful soon.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about it! Sending lots of dust your way. Hope you''ll find something good soon! Hang in there.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear that. Sending dust that you''ll get something soon!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that Katy and I am sending dust and good vibes your way.

Have you tried filing for unemployment? In some states, you might be able to qualifiy for partial benefits if you meet the criteria.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this.
8.gif

Sending good job-finding vibes your way and loads of dust! ((hugs))

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 9:35:09 AM
Author: lliang_chi
lots of dust for you Katy. Sorry to hear the news

HUGS! Good luck on the job hunt!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that just sucks. I''m Sorry.
8.gif

I would suggest going to a temp agency. It''s a great way to earn a little cash while you''re looking for a new job and sometimes those temp positions can become full time with the company.

Keep your head up. Dust for a new opportunity!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
15.gif
Sorry Katy! Sending dust that you can get your rings soon!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things resolve quickly, and you find yourself up and running again and back in business!!! You''ll get a healthy sprinkling of dust from me!!!!!!!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Katy, I''m sooo sorry to hear that. How aweful for them to lay people off just before the long weekend holiday for many people. I''m thinking of you and wishing you the best in your job search. Hang in there and know that we''re here for you!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That''s terrible news! Sending you lots of job dust your way and fingers crossed too
1.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear that... There are layoffs happening all around us here too and its really scary. You''re lucky to have a second job so you''re better off than a lot of other people. Good luck to you!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear that! I hope that you''ll find something soon!
good luck and lots of dust!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results