shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost lab studs

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got Lightbox 2 cttw diamonds before they separated best from good. They were sparkle bombs and I paid $1755 in 2021. Today to replace the ok level is $2100 and $3000 for best. I’m insured by jewelers mutual for $1755. I’m not quite understanding the procedure for replacing. They keep telling me I can get “like” diamonds up to $1755 but I can get much bigger from Alex Park for less. I show them “like” diamonds are now either $2100 or $3000. I can save us both money. Should I be able to get bigger less expensive? Also with earrings are 60/60 ok? Or should I stick with the usual recommendations? My priorities are cut, size, color, clarity for earrings. Probably D-G, down to Si1 and biggest size available. Also finding Alex Park is hard to understand how to deal with. I contacted him and he said to just buy a pair and let JM reimburse me, which is fine. But he seems to want me to go on instagram and haggle with whomever gets it first. Can’t I just contact him, tell him what I want and he finds it?
Im probably going to wait a week till my cc billing cycle is over before I pay myself, then I will come back for suggestions!
Thanks gang!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you lost your earrings!

Buying from Alex can be frustrating. Can you find a similarly priced pair on LooseGrownDiamond?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you lost your earrings!

Buying from Alex can be frustrating. Can you find a similarly priced pair on LooseGrownDiamond?

@Kim N Will be looking…what do you think about 60/60 for earrings?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N Will be looking…what do you think about 60/60 for earrings?

I think 60/60 for earrings would be great. I've found it harder to find really well cut ones, though.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Alex Parks is telling you to go somewhere else...I have heard in the past that he told someone who wanted a .40 earth mined
diamond to just go buy it (in other words, I dont want to deal with something so small/inexpensive. Not worth my time.)...not sure
where his trade-off is between profit and the amount of work it might take to find what you're looking for. I wouldnt think 2 ctw rounds would be hard to find but if you are asking him to deal with an insurance company...that could be another turn-off for him.

Not sure whats going on with his comments. Its not going to be easy to have to battle it out with everyone else :(.

Edit...I would take 60/60 too for earrings (if I could find a nice pair).

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alex drives me nuts with his buying process. Maybe message him again this time via his website, simply asking if he will be getting any 2+ ct studs in the near future. Don't mention this insurance when you do.

chere

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about your earrings April!

I love my Lightbox studs but there’s no way I’d pay $3k for them today.

Have you tried contacting a local jeweller to help you source lab studs? I think you just pay the difference between 2ctw and whatever you end up with.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i found out today he wants you to work with the ladies in his office. You need to do all contact DM and pay with PayPal. Insurance will send me check direct. I’m spending $2000 so it’s not chump change. I think I have something going so I will let you know later in the week.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby Sorry that you have to deal with this. Should be easier! :wall:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4378.jpeg
What do you think?

chere

Shiny_Rock
I like the spread of the 60.5% deep stone! Can they find another shallow cut stone?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a video for the second stone.

There is some graining, and the cut is not totally precise, but it could work for earrings.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can get both for $1800

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an HPHT pair I found that looks very well cut, but it costs more than Alex's pair.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s all in but tax so I don’t feel like i need absolute perfection in an earring, just as close to my allowance as possible. This is including settings.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you already provided JM with a quote for an identical like-kind replacement? And have they pre-approved the amount they will reimburse towards your upgrade? I just went through the same process you are going through and was extremely frustrated about how they didn’t explain things clearly and I had to learn the hard way about all the little annoying details.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave JM multiple quotes for identical product that were more than I paid originally. I had a hard time getting them to tell me exactly what was going to be covered and how. They were not easy to work with. In the end, they decided to reimburse me exactly what I paid and let me choose what I want..

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my earrings were done yesterday but instead of an email I got notification on instagram that they needed my information to ship again. I don’t usually check insta so they could have sat for a long time. Odd practice. They do have my email and phone number.
IMG_4417.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4416.jpeg
    IMG_4416.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 20

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave JM multiple quotes for identical product that were more than I paid originally. I had a hard time getting them to tell me exactly what was going to be covered and how. They were not easy to work with. In the end, they decided to reimburse me exactly what I paid and let me choose what I want..

I found them difficult as well. Communication was very unclear and frustrating. I’m glad you just got reimbursed and could do what you wanted. In the end I was paid out my full insured value but I had to jump through so many hoops.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
So my earrings were done yesterday but instead of an email I got notification on instagram that they needed my information to ship again. I don’t usually check insta so they could have sat for a long time. Odd practice. They do have my email and phone number.
IMG_4417.jpeg

Truly bizarre practice indeed, but I'm glad your earrings are done and you will (hopefully) have them soon!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4434.jpeg

Perfection!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results