shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost engagement ring. Replacement. ...M-Z color, miner-cut, vintage, "savings", advice re loss.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel for you on the lost stone; that happened to me too. Your new ring is beautiful, wear it in good health but get it appraised and insured as a separate rider on your home insurance. I love all the diamond colors and have an N color OMC because I think old cuts are enhanced by the warmth.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
I love that you love your new ring. It is beautiful by any standard though.
It’s funny about rude comments about stone colour, etc. I have friends who are quite wealthy and have amazing pieces including their ERs and I've never heard them criticizing someone’s ring. And then there are friends who have smaller, chain store ERs and they are likely to gossip about others’ rings and jewellery choices. So petty.
Enjoy your ring. And please post some hand shots.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to read about the loss of your first ring!

I really like the modern twist setting you picked out for your new ring. Stones are very personal. I think your stone looks lovely in that setting. Sometimes stones look the same on paper but NOT when you place them side by side. We have to go by what we like.

Your Grandmother's ring is lovely.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am really hoping you fired the insurance company. If they are like this about a small singal possession, then I would hate to see how they will react to a real issue with your home or its contense.

Your new ring is a stunner though :love:, so super happy that this part of the story worked out.

Alex T how on earth do I learn this trick? My husband used to pick up nice chocolate boxes for me. But the duty free here no longer stocks chocolate, so now he just comes home with a toy for the baby. I figure I have 12-15 trips a year to train him..... So how do I get started?

@BD626 Thankfully my husband is good with the perfumes as I am an avid wearer (daily - don't even go to the supermarket without a spritz) so he knows what sort of things I like. He usually buys various Bvulgari & Marc Jacobs. He travels a lot with work & dares not go through Duty Free without picking something up, so I'm always well stocked. Payment for mostly being a single parent running a house & every commitment that comes with it :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really hoping you fired the insurance company. If they are like this about a small singal possession, then I would hate to see how they will react to a real issue with your home or its contense.

Your new ring is a stunner though :love:, so super happy that this part of the story worked out.

Alex T how on earth do I learn this trick? My husband used to pick up nice chocolate boxes for me. But the duty free here no longer stocks chocolate, so now he just comes home with a toy for the baby. I figure I have 12-15 trips a year to train him..... So how do I get started?

:lol: I am a 'hint dropper' ! I have always been into very lovely perfume, even before I met him. One year, many, many moons ago, he was in Amsterdam for 2 days every 2 weeks. My usual pressie from there was a very welcome wheel of Gouda cheese, which is one of my favourites & I was pregnant at the time, so going through a whole wheel a week. But I was getting a bit cheesed out, so asked him to stop by Bvulgari for a change as I was running low on perfumes & he'd actually be saving me some pennies. My husband is ALL about saving pennies! He came home with a bottle of Bvulgari Amethyste & that was it - I'd cracked it! It's been delicious perfume ever since, apart from a fleeting day in Amsterdam last month for the first time in 3 years, where I got a large Gouda :lol: Sometimes the perfumes are not a hit. If he is far flung, like China or Japan, he'll speak to a sales person about a perfume local to that country that I would struggle to get in the UK. Occasionally I've given these to my 9 year old as whilst very nice, they just smell odd on my skin sometimes?! And my 9 year old goes to school smelling lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results