shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fourfun42002

Rough_Rock
We just purchased a diamond ring on Tuesday mornng in Key West. The ring had 3 oval diamonds but was in a setting that was not our favorite, so the jeweler offered to customize it by putting the setting into a band of our choosing. We were able to pick it up before our cruise ship left port. We arrived home last night to find that one of the stones is missing - I had been wearing the ring for the past 5 days. Should a reputable jeweler offer to replace the stone in a 5 day old ring? We''re heart broken and not in a financial
33.gif
position to be able to replace the stone.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my. It can''t hurt to ask. If there is no damage to the prongs, maybe the setting job is at fault. It is up to the jeweller I think. I would certainly take it back and see if something reasonable to both sides could be done. I think he should replace it if there''s no visible damage to the set. JMHO.

For future, you really cannot afford not to insure a ring.
2.gif

shay

diamondglee

Rough_Rock
How'd you pay for it? I you used a credit card there is a chance it might be covered...damage, loss, theft etc.

I know american express has great consumer protection...and most other CC do now also.

Good luck, thats really such a disappointment.

fourfun42002

Rough_Rock
Thank-you for your input, but our credit card only covers purchases within 100 miles of home. I guess we won''t be using our Discover Card when we''re out of town in the future.

fourfun42002

Rough_Rock
Fortunately, our homeowners policy should cover it, but we have a $500 deductible. We spoke with the jeweler and they said to mail it back to them and they''d see what they could do. We will do this, but we''re pretty nervous about sending it back to them.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
well, at least key west is in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results