shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost and Confused....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RickBsquared

Rough_Rock
I''m really hoping you guys/gals can help me out. I (like everyone else, it seems) am looking for an engagement ring for the GF. I''ve been looking on and off for almost 7 months. While I think I understand some of the basic concepts behind what to look for (4 c''s), I''m not quite as sure on other things such as the correct depth, table, etc.

To give you some background, I''m thinking a trillion diamond in the $3-$4k bracket. I think this design will complement my GF''s hand the best as she is approx. 5''4" with thin, short hands, and a ring size 1 (feel free to comment if you think another shape would be better). Most of what I''ve looked at so far in the stores near me have been overpriced or not very nice. I''ve checked out some of the online places mentioned here in the forums as well and have found one in particular that seems nice and but I''m not sure:

Carat Weight: 1.11
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Shape: Trilliant
Depth: 50.7%
Table: 65%
Polish: GD
Symmetry: GD
Culet: N
Girdle: Medium-Thick
Fluorescence: Strong
Measurements: 7.24x7.53x3.82

I''m open to any advice right now as I would like to put this behind me and move on to the next step.

Thanks in advance!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. Sorry, I can't help you very much. If you've been around here for any length of time you'll know that it's hard pinning down numbers for regular fancy shapes much less something like a trilliant.

As to what shape? When I think of a trilliant I think of a very modern piece. Does she like very modern jewelry? I wouldn't choose a trilliant unless you were very sure it's something she wants since it's the kind of shape that appeals to a much smaller number--especially for an e-ring.

If you're working in a vacuum, can't do any investigative work with her or her friends, and have no idea what she wants, it would be much safer to go with something like a round.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
If here finger are that small a pear shape might be nice on her. It's tapered and elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results