shape
carat
color
clarity

losing a parent as a child - being left memoirs

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
My Mom passed away when I was a teenager......write the book.
Feelings, thoughts, pain, joy, wishes......write the book.
Before you know it you'll be sitting in a chair with a child on your lap saying... A long time ago when your mom was just a little baby I wrote this book for her and it goes like this......

charbie

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1304651754|2913638 said:
Just came across this and it reminded me of your post -- most adorable thing ever and everyone can do this! Grab the tissues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vkVHijdQk&feature=player_embedded
OMG: warning, do not watch this while pregnant. I almost stopped it because I was crying so hard and couldn't take it. Im going to show it to my hubby and hope he will partake for our little girl.

Damn this pregnancy has turned me into the biggest ball of mush ever. I think this is lovely, and can't imagine anyone who would not want lovely reminders of a loved one. Noel, I hope treatment is treating you ok, and that you're doing well.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
This very topic is on Oprah right now.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hay joe|1305328740|2921184 said:
My Mom passed away when I was a teenager......write the book.
Feelings, thoughts, pain, joy, wishes......write the book.
Before you know it you'll be sitting in a chair with a child on your lap saying... A long time ago when your mom was just a little baby I wrote this book for her and it goes like this......

My story: my mom died when I was 13, she had lung cancer. A couple years later, I came across a cassette tape in a drawer. I dropped it into my stereo, while on the phone with my best high school friend, who hadn't known my mom. Well, out of the stereo came my mom's voice, singing. My friend wanted to know who that was singing, with that beautiful voice. I think that day, I was visited by mom and my friend got to 'meet' her. It still chokes me up to think/tell that story. I sure would love to have a book or video from my mom.

Hay Joe put it perfectly. Write the book, then put it away somewhere safe to give to your daughter when she is grown.

Wishing you a full recovery and many decades to cherish and enjoy your little one.

Diamond.Lover

Rough_Rock
My mom just passed away back in January, very suddenly, so she didn't have time to make anything similar. I wish she would have because, although it would be tough to read at times, I believe it would be very comforting.

Please, make the memoir. Even if she's grown when your time comes, she will love and cherish it.

Marisoll

Rough_Rock
I think this is a nice idea.

I wish you recovery soon and you will be happy with your daughter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results