shape
carat
color
clarity

Lorelei: Our Sympathies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, just stopping in to see how your doing and send you some more hugs. The Demon also sends warm furry thoughts your way. He's not much good with a saddle, but you're welcome to borrow him any time.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, as a former horse owner, I feel for you. There is a special bond between women and their horses, it just defies words. I still think about my horses and its been many decades, so I can only imagine how you feel having taken care of your horse for so many years. You are lucky to have experienced the joy a horse can bring. My thoughts are with you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks dear Min, VegasAngel, Dee and SurferGirl. VA, you made me smile and I am grateful for that, it isn't a good thing to be associated with
6.gif
, but I was thinking of when you found that hideous shrunken head tree ornament for Kimberley, that thread was hilarious! SurferGirl, you are so right, the bond between horse and carer can't be described in words, I couldn't even begin to try to describe what we shared and I am so grateful for that, I am a better person for being able to love him. I am so sorry for your losses too.

Min, again you have been there for me at a very hard time, thank you.

Dee, I will take you up on a loan of the DD, he could amuse me with his toilet drinking!

Thanks so much for all your kind wishes, I think it is going to take a long long time to recover from this. I actually fell asleep this morning for a couple of hours so that is a good thing.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending you lots of hugs.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HUGS!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei,
Thinking of you
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lien, Lisa and Skippy thanks for your continued support. I know I am running like heck from a lot of the bad memories with it, they try to come out and I push them away, there are things I can''t face yet, but in time I will have to, not yet though. I''m not ready.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei,

Stilli thinking about you.

~K

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Kim.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you my friend.

cheer-up.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw Ellen. thanks friend for the flower.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei

I'm so late here
but I do want to say how sorry I am
for your loss.

You are such an inspiration -

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nan, thanks so much for your post and your kind words, it means a great deal to me.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei,

Just wanted to let you know I''m still thinking about you and hope you''re doing okay during this difficult time.

~K

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for your continued support Kim, it really helps me. I am trying my best to carry on, but I am bouncing from one different and awful feeling to another and it hurts, not to mention all the tears. He was such a huge part of my life and I was so lucky that I was able to be at home and make him my life's work. This morning a few minutes ago I thought I heard him yelling for his breakfast....The mind can play cruel tricks. He was such as noisy horse and made it clear in no uncertain terms that I was being neglectful of him
11.gif
. He was spoiled but he had the biggest heart, so huge I can't describe it in words and I won't even try.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 3:43:02 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks again for your continued support Kim, it really helps me. I am trying my best to carry on, but I am bouncing from one different and awful feeling to another and it hurts, not to mention all the tears. He was such a huge part of my life and I was so lucky that I was able to be at home and make him my life''s work. This morning a few minutes ago I thought I heard him yelling for his breakfast....The mind can play cruel tricks. He was such as noisy horse and made it clear in no uncertain terms that I was being neglectful of him
11.gif
. He was spoiled but he had the biggest heart, so huge I can''t describe it in words and I won''t even try.
Lorelei, you are so welcome, but there''s no need to thank me...support is free and easy to give!

I had a dog that someone found on the street and couldn''t keep. She was the greatest little dog, so loving to me and my family and just the sweetest thing. The signs were all there that she had been abused, and she was quite skittish around other people. Through the course of moving a few times she became quie protective of our family and ended up attempting to attack someone, who lied, shoved a pen in his leg to make it look like he was attacked and made a claim against my parents home owners insurance (I had her on a leash, she never touched him) and then did attack someone who was installing windows at my parents house. We ended up having to put her to sleep. It took me months to get over the sadness of the choice that had to be made. I still look for her whenever I go to my parents house. Point of my rambling being that I understand how deeply painful the loss of an animal can be. It truly broke my heart.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kim....that is such a sad story, I am so sorry for your loss. I truly am grateful for your support, I am so lucky to be able to count you among the great friends I have who have been there for me through all this. King was just magical to me, I could never look at him without a feeling of wonder, that beautiful horse was MINE, I never could quite believe I shared my life with such an incredible animal.

My childhood wasn't the greatest and nothing much seemed to make sense to me, except horses. They were my main inspiration and hope and happiness from when I was a tiny child. I was given as a Christmas gift when I was about 8 or 9, a kids' tapestry kit made up of a styrofoam base with a pattern on it, a hook and wool. The design was of a palomino horse with a white blaze. The tapestry hung in my room for years and I would often look at it and long for a horse, any horse, but especially one that looked like that. Then one day when the time was right, the horse on the tapestry came to life, I had found my King.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 9:54:48 AM
Oh Kim....that is such a sad story, I am so sorry for your loss. I truly am grateful for your support, I am so lucky to be able to count you among the great friends I have who have been there for me through all this. King was just magical to me, I could never look at him without a feeling of wonder, that beautiful horse was MINE, I never could quite believe I shared my life with such an incredible animal.

My childhood wasn''t the greatest and nothing much seemed to make sense to me, except horses. They were my main inspiration and hope and happiness from when I was a tiny child. I was given as a Christmas gift when I was about 8 or 9, a kids'' tapestry kit made up of a styrofoam base with a pattern on it, a hook and wool. The design was of a palomino horse with a white blaze. The tapestry hung in my room for years and I would often look at it and long for a horse, any horse, but especially one that looked like that. Then one day when the time was right, the horse on the tapestry came to life, I had found my King.
Lorelei,

You writings about King evoke such a vision of him and your special connection. Anytime you need to "talk" bump your thread and I''m happy to hear all about your beloved King.

~K

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Dear Lorelei...

I''ve seen this thread for a couple of weeks now, and in avoidance, I guess, I didn''t want to go there. But I have been thinking of you.

I simply cannot express how sorry I am for your tremendous loss.

Date: 4/13/2007 10:46:22 AM

..... he was my teacher and inspiration and at times my healer, and my loyal friend.
I know in time your memories of dear King will grow sweeter and less painful. Until then, my thoughts are with you.

Take care, Dear...

widget

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2007 6:59:28 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Lorelei,

Your writings about King evoke such a vision of him and your special connection. Anytime you need to ''talk'' bump your thread and I''m happy to hear all about your beloved King.

~K
Yes.

And it makes me want to say something to make you feel better....But I know that only time will help.

You really are so very lucky though Lorelei, to have had something so special in your life. Some people go a lifetime without such a gift.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, thanks Kim.

Dear Widget, thanks so much for your kind words and understanding. I still remember your precious Bogie and hope that your pain has eased a little.

Ellen, you are right, I was so lucky to have had such a special gift.

King is home now where he belongs, that was tough. What kept us going was the thought that we were bringing him home. It is a surprisingly large box containing his ashes, but it is fitting as he was a larger than life character. Everything has been done now, the only thing left to do is to learn to live without him and that is going to take some time.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, Lorelei, it sounds like King was such a blessing.
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He truly was a blessing Skippy. He wasn't the easiest horse to care for, but that made him all the more special. One of his tricks was to turn his head and we would play " supernudge" as we called it. He would start to smirk - honestly - and he would turn his head and gently push me behind the knees. I would squeal loudly and totter forward, then I would back up to him and he would do it again, we would play that for ages! He was such a character. Another trick was to use me as a napkin to wipe food off his mouth, also he would take a mouthful of water on the sly, hold it then let it go over me! In the summer when it was hot he would spend hours amusing himself by shaking his water trough and splashing his feet with it, yet he would gallop off if he saw a hosepipe coming and the word BATH being mentioned!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahh, what a sweetie.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 7:44:36 AM
He truly was a blessing Skippy. He wasn''t the easiest horse to care for, but that made him all the more special. One of his tricks was to turn his head and we would play '' supernudge'' as we called it. He would start to smirk - honestly - and he would turn his head and gently push me behind the knees. I would squeal loudly and totter forward, then I would back up to him and he would do it again, we would play that for ages! He was such a character. Another trick was to use me as a napkin to wipe food off his mouth, also he would take a mouthful of water on the sly, hold it then let it go over me! In the summer when it was hot he would spend hours amusing himself by shaking his water trough and splashing his feet with it, yet he would gallop off if he saw a hosepipe coming and the word BATH being mentioned!
6.gif
What a stinker!! LOL!

I love these stories Lorelei.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2007 8:07:04 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/2/2007 7:44:36 AM
He truly was a blessing Skippy. He wasn't the easiest horse to care for, but that made him all the more special. One of his tricks was to turn his head and we would play ' supernudge' as we called it. He would start to smirk - honestly - and he would turn his head and gently push me behind the knees. I would squeal loudly and totter forward, then I would back up to him and he would do it again, we would play that for ages! He was such a character. Another trick was to use me as a napkin to wipe food off his mouth, also he would take a mouthful of water on the sly, hold it then let it go over me! In the summer when it was hot he would spend hours amusing himself by shaking his water trough and splashing his feet with it, yet he would gallop off if he saw a hosepipe coming and the word BATH being mentioned!
6.gif
What a stinker!! LOL!

I love these stories Lorelei.
He WAS a stinker! The water thing was so funny, he used to just open his mouth and let it drop! He also used to wave his right leg in the air to ask for food or a treat ( all the time) I used to try to grab him for a cuddle, he would back up out of my embrace, pull a horrible face and wave his leg in the air with indignance! Didn't want cuddles, wanted food! He also used to like me to turn my butt to him so he could rub his face for an itch on it and I was silly enough to let him do it! That horse had me wrapped around his hoof as his Daddy would say! One of his less endearing traits was when he was having his feet seen to, he would break wind just as our farrier was doing one of his hinds, always the same foot! Luckily our farrier is also a good friend and found it quite amusing!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2007 9:08:32 AM

He WAS a stinker! The water thing was so funny, he used to just open his mouth and let it drop! He also used to wave his right leg in the air to ask for food or a treat ( all the time) I used to try to grab him for a cuddle, he would back up out of my embrace, pull a horrible face and wave his leg in the air with indignance! Didn''t want cuddles, wanted food! He also used to like me to turn my butt to him so he could rub his face for an itch on it and I was silly enough to let him do it! That horse had me wrapped around his hoof as his Daddy would say! One of his less endearing traits was when he was having his feet seen to, he would break wind just as our farrier was doing one of his hinds, always the same foot! Luckily our farrier is also a good friend and found it quite amusing!
OMG! Breaking wind.
40.gif
9.gif

SUCH personality.

Where/how did you come to aquire him?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found him 20 years ago as I had registered with an agency to find a horse. The agency mentioned him, he sounded like he was what I was looking for, I went to see him and it was LOVE!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww. Was he full grown then?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, he was seven when I bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results