shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose Yellow Sapphire for Engagement Ring

kashiskhing

Rough_Rock
I just discovered this website a couple days ago, you guys are awesome. I didn't realize how much goes into making a good stone. I am overwhelmed and need some help. I have spend the last few days searching this forum and reading posts to help me make a decision. I am still scared to make a bad purchase due to my lack of knowledge.

I am looking for a loose yellow sapphire round cut for an engagement ring. My price range is $750-$1250 for the stone itself.

I have found the following yellow sapphire from the Natural Sapphire Company:

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/p-60055-round-yellow-sapphire-y3453/

I put all of the criteria within the Holloway cut tool and the results came back "Very Good."

I read a couple bad post about the Natural Sapphire Company and their cuts, even though they are listed as a trusted vendor on this site.

1. Would anyone be able to give me some insight as to whether the aforementioned stone seems like a good/reasonable purchase?
2. If the Natural Sapphire Company is a bad choice for vendor, does anyone have some better recommendations from the Vendor list for sapphires?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't bother with the hca.

That is for diamonds. A "good " cut is more flexible with sapphires which is nice!

What's most important is color. Can you show us a picture of exactly the color you are after?

kashiskhing

Rough_Rock
I would say comparable to a Fancy Yellow/Fancy Light Yellow Diamond if this helps.

When shown the following picture, my fiancée-to-be prefers the bottom left and top right shades of yellow, but in a round cut.

yellow-sapphire-shades-of-colors.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results