Brilliant_Rock
Hi

if you guys order loose pearls for stud earrings where do you have them set

was looking at some from Cees on instagram

thanks!

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Any competent jeweler should be able to set them for you at a reasonable fee.

Alternatively, they are quite easy to set yourself, but obtaining the mountings might be more difficult. Bring them in to a trusted jeweler near your area, and ask what their setting fee is. Shouldn't be more than about $25 + the cost of the settings, unless you're in a particularly high market area.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

if you guys order loose pearls for stud earrings where do you have them set

was looking at some from Cees on instagram

thanks!

Cees has a jeweller he can recommend. He did my rings.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It depends on how you want them set. Simple ones just require a tiny dab of glue. Most jewellers won't even use the right glue

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on how you want them set. Simple ones just require a tiny dab of glue. Most jewellers won't even use the right glue

Thank you, can you give me some advice on what to ask when I look for someone to set?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I like Martin, the jeweller that Cees uses in Bangkok.

I like Wriston from Asiatique. He has done my spinels. Wriston deals with pearls too. Lately it's been all Wriston.

I like David Klass very much too.

I ask:

1. How much is gold

2. How much is labour

3. Is CAD free?

4. Based on design, how much are the diamonds. If using different sizes, please state prices.

This is what Martin did for me. Pearls are from Cees. As you can see, I am very boring. If the design works, hey, let's do 4.

1588367193442.png

1588367435689.png

1588367470148.png

1588367543438.png

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh wow - those are gorgeous ! I've seen a few other pieces that Martin did and they were beautiful ! He does good work !

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi OP
You asked about setting loose pearls. Did you mean simply fixing them into ready-made off the shelf settings or having settings custom made?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP
You asked about setting loose pearls. Did you mean simply fixing them into ready-made off the shelf settings or having settings custom made?

I purchased two pairs and would just like them as studs

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Okay, then how to is pretty straightforward. You need to track down a findings supplier in your country and you can order the metal components from them (silver/gold/vermeil). Then, assuming the pearls are half drilled, you just need a tiny dab of gel superglue to fix the pearl. It's a good idea to buy a tube of the glue dissolver at the same time in case the setting process goes wrong or you glue your thumb to your ear
But really that is all there is to it, and how jeweller shops have the nerve to charge for a two second operation is beyond me

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a good idea to buy a tube of the glue dissolver at the same time in case the setting process goes wrong or you glue your thumb to your ear
With that imagery in mind - a really excellent suggestion :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results