shape
carat
color
clarity

loose diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amalley

Rough_Rock
hello,
i was wondering if anyone could offer some advice about a problem. i have a 2.1 princess cut engagement ring in a platinum v-prong setting. i''ve only had it for a little over a month, but the diamond keeps coming loose. i''ve already had it tightened twice and it is loose again. is this normal for princess cuts? is there a better setting that holds the diamond more securely? any advice would be appreciated!
thank you
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
A setting that a diamond keeps coming loose in usually has the prongs notched incorrectly.

Find out who the best diamond setter in your town is and take it to him for examination, and resetting if necessary.

amalley

Rough_Rock
thank you. can anyone recommend a good jewelry setter in the washington, dc area?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
There's an appraiser by the name of Penny Jones-Napier listed on the PriceScope list of appraisers. She might know of a good diamond setter. Why don't you give her a call at:

ph. 202-291-5575, Email: [email protected]

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
It is quite possible that the jeweler who set the stone did not tighten the prongs down (enough) for fear of chipping the corners of the princess cut... This is a common problem and the scary solution relied on by so many jewelers is a drop of super glue - which may be why the diamond starts out being tight and gets loose after a few weeks
6.gif
if the G.G. that Richard mentioned does not have a recommendation for a jeweler, try asking Martin Fuller of Fuller & Associates across the bridge in McLean, Virginia...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results