shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose Diamond Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NotIceSavvy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I am new to this site, and not savvy at all when it comes to diamonds. My husband bought me a 1 carat Blue Nile diamond, and it is real dark, i think it was cut too deep? Anyway, we are going ot get rid of it and get a new one, but gosh have no idea where to start! Or how to make sure we get a shiny one...

So, here is my question, What are the best online loose diamond dealers? I have seen a few links to diamonds, but still dont know who to check out....or what to look for, in any case...

I want to spend about 6k on a princess cut diamond. Oh, well i guess 6k total, including mounting it.....

By the way, this website is sooo wonderful! I wish we had found this before we made the first choice!
30.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendors known for diamonds and customer service:

Mark at Engagement Rings Direct in NYC
Good Old Gold in Long Island
Wink Jones in Idaho
Bill at www.icemine.com in DC
Whiteflash in Houston
Gary at www.diamondexpert.com
Jim Schultz at www.jamesallen.com in Maryland

are you keeping your old setting?

NotIceSavvy

Rough_Rock
Hi! No, I am selling the current ring I have now, I will have to buy a new one.

Thanks for replying to me!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIS, what color was your last stone? Did you think it was too yellow?

What ideas do you have for a new setting? plat, gold, sidestones?

NotIceSavvy

Rough_Rock
Oh gosh, i should have posted about my current diamond!

It is 1 carat, IF clarity, E color, and the cut was listed as "good" on the GIA. It is sparkly in good lighting, and i cant complain about the color and clarity, but now that ive been married for a long time...(haha) i can be honest with him and not hurt his feelings as much...and that honesty is that i would rather have a perfectly (or near perfect) cut than everything else perfect...

So! Anyway, he bought it for 5500 at blue nile, do you think it was a rip off? wait, if you do....nevermind it would break my heart if he got ripped off!

NotIceSavvy

Rough_Rock
Oh, for a setting a solitare setting, either white gold or platinum...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I don't think you could possibly get a 1 carat E IF for 5500 now.

I think you could look for an F or a G; if you get to see some "H" in person and "ok" with you, then you could go down farther in color.

NotIceSavvy

Rough_Rock
HI! Im most interested in cut. the color, i think down to h - i is fine with me! I just want a diamond that lights up the room!

Thanks for those links, those diamods are great! If igo down in color you htink i can get a bigger one?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2006 11:17:51 PM
Author: JulieN
The vendors known for diamonds and customer service:

Mark at Engagement Rings Direct in NYC
Good Old Gold in Long Island
Wink Jones in Idaho
Bill at www.icemine.com in DC
Whiteflash in Houston
Gary at www.diamondexpert.com
Jim Schultz at www.jamesallen.com in Maryland

are you keeping your old setting?
Julie,

I''d certainly add Dimend Scaasi in Chicago to that list. They have been among the best at returning emails and overall service not to mention having very high quality settings. Issac is the owner/designer and I have worked with Alexa.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS: most of those on the list carry Infinity princesses. WF, GOG carries AGS-0 princess. James Allen has AGS-0 and GIA (good diamnds without the AGS markup.) I've never personally searched Scassi's database for princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results