shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose Chrome Diopside?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
For Valentines Day I''d like to get my wonderful mom a loose Chrome Diopside stone and a pendant casting. I know where to get the casting, but not so sure about getting a quality but reasonably priced 1-2 ct CD stone.

Any good online vendors to recommend??

Thanks!

riogems

Shiny_Rock
There are a lot of places to get the chrome diopside -- but you''re going to want to tell your jeweler to be careful setting the stone -- chrome diopside is not has hearty as say a diamond or sapphire and breakage is higher (especially with jewelers who are inexperienced with it).

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 7:22:48 PM
Author:Fashionvictim
For Valentines Day I''d like to get my wonderful mom a loose Chrome Diopside stone and a pendant casting. I know where to get the casting, but not so sure about getting a quality but reasonably priced 1-2 ct CD stone.

Any good online vendors to recommend??

Thanks!
Try AJS Gems at www.ajsgems.com. Just remember this though.

Aside from the fact it is getting harder to come by with time, it is about 5 1/2-6 Mho''s. It''s on the delicate side. Secondly, DO NOT steam it, and make sure whoever mounts the thing understands that those things and the torch DO NOT get along well.

AJS has some stones in that size from what I remember, and his prices are really good.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results