shape
carat
color
clarity

looks like a rainy wedding for me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i've been checking the extended forecast for my wedding day and it keeps getting worse. yesterday it said rain wed, thurs, fri & mon. today it says rain wed THROUGH mon. urgh. i'm so bummed...

we're having an outdoor tent reception.
39.gif

eta: correction- the forecast said rain the monday before the wedding THROUGH the monday after!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww Jcrow. it''s still early, you never know what the weather will do. I can do a little preventative rain dance for you
2.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
there was rain in my forecast -- BUT -- it turned out to be a gloriously sunny
emhot.gif

I''ll join mrs. salvo in the anti-rain dance

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
dancing on this end too!
They say it''s lucky... but... well, we''d rather have it dry, wouldn''t we?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I used to date a meteorologist and he told me that forecasts are very inaccurate until you get about 1 day out and even then things can always change, so there''s still hope!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2006 8:21:19 AM
Author: mrssalvo
aww Jcrow. it''s still early, you never know what the weather will do. I can do a little preventative rain dance for you
2.gif
i know it''s early but it would have been better to see rain one day cause i there''s more of a chance the day of the rain is wrong... but a whole week of it?!
14.gif

IF it HAS to rain, maybe we can pray for a night rain? we''re having a day wedding. or maybe early early early morning? say ending at 8 am? ***le sigh***

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here''s the visual on the news website.
39.gif

14DayYuck1.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Rain on your wedding day is good luck--I had rain for mine! Although mine was an indoor wedding so I guess it''s a little bit different! I agree with everyone else, it''s still early and I never trust the weather reports until the day before or even the day of! I''ll do my no rain dance for you too!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i thought i was done buying for the wedding. guess i should start looking for a large umbrella. my little travel/purse size probably won't do.

here's one huge one- 72"

advantagebridal_1922_326886445[1].jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Bummer! But don''t worry about it yet, weather is so unpredictable!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
or is 72" overkill?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, with that Reem you''ve got, I think 72" is good. And get a slicker. Some galoshes. Anything to not get your beautiful dress wet!!
39.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
slicker?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t stress too much! There was a "block" of rain on the 10 day forecast for our outdoor wedding too ... but we ended up with a sunny day. It''s still possible!!!

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

If it does rain:

* it''s lucky
* cool different pictures
* people tend to kick-back earlier ... like "I''m wet, let''s party!"

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2006 11:54:36 AM
Author: jcrow
slicker?
A raincoat... like those yellow waterproof ones. But maybe not in yellow!
20.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2006 12:06:49 PM
Author: poptart

Date: 11/7/2006 11:54:36 AM
Author: jcrow
slicker?
A raincoat... like those yellow waterproof ones. But maybe not in yellow!
20.gif
ha, ok. that''s what i was thinking.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, don''t worry, JCrow!!!!! I will be dancing over here for you too!!!!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ooops, sorry Jcrow, it must be my "calispeak".
1.gif
We don''t know rain so much here. It''s 94 today.
23.gif

I think either way it''ll be gorgeous- even if it is just because you''re shining on your wedding day. Is the ground under the tent grass? I mean, is there a floor or is it a possible mud pit?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
the floor of the tent isn''t grass - thank goodness! i think it''s brick and limestone. BUT the church will be difficult to navigate in the rain! no awning and it''s *a walk* from the parking lot. and they don''t let you change at the church. i have to arrive there fully clothed in my wedding attire. it also means no outdoor pics with the 400+ year old oak tree that''s famous in our area. or outdoor pics period.

urgh, i''m so sad.
7.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, make sure you bring a really big sheet to wrap around the bottom of your dress, almost like a sling or something so it can hold it up off the floor. I''m sorry this is the forecast.
7.gif
Either way, though, you''ll still be beautiful and married- no rain can change that!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
true. but a little sunshine can''t hurt
28.gif

can''t wait to see the sheet & umbrella on video and in pictures. sheesh- not what i pictured...

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Crossing fingers & toes Julie!
It will be a wonderful magical day - NO MATTER WHAT!

Scintillating...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks! i could definitely use all the anti-rain vibes you''ve got!
2.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
JCrow, may rain on your wedding day be the worst hardship you guys face!!
1.gif
(And I mean that sincerely, not snarkily!)

I know it's a bummer -- I remember the anxiety I felt checking the 10-day forecast for our wedding too when they predicted rain, but we wound up with a gorgeous, perfect day -- but honestly, a photo of a gorgeous bride stealing a kiss from her handsome man in the rain under a big ole umbrella = pure romance!! I adore those photos, and that was my consolation when I thought we were going to have rain. "At least I'll get one of those cool photos!"
9.gif

I've been to three of my friends' weddings in absolute downpours, and on that day, the brides were just pure sunshine despite the weather outside! You may be bummed now thinking about it raining that day, but come that day, you will just glow and be happy no matter what!

I've got my fingers crossed for you, too!!

ETA: Oh gosh, woman, you're not until NEXT weekend! Do not, I repeat DO NOT, believe any forecast you see now for that far into the future!! Stop torturing yourself. Just shut off the weather forecast until next week!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ha, you brought a smile to my face!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OK, have you ever seen wedding pictures of a bride and groom under an umbrella in the rain? Hello ROMANTIC!!!

hwang_08_couple-in-rain_big_500.jpg

8a30.jpg

wedding3.jpg

umbrella.jpg

g082.jpg

rain.jpg

hrm-umbrella.jpg

db_umbrella5.jpg

We went to a friends'' wedding this past summer where they had a double rainbow in the sky as they drove off to the reception from the church. Wouldn''t have happened if it hadn''t rained that day! Embrace the weather, whatever happens, enjoy your day, and know that come rain or come shine you''re getting married!! Woo-hoo!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...maybe i''ll bring an umbrella to my wedding even if it doesn''t rain! I like those pictures a lot!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
YES, that last photo is just lovely!!! And colors -- like, say, WHITE
2.gif
-- just pop against a gray sky. Just gorgeous!

That said, I really don''t think you need to resign yourself to being a wet bride just yet. Honestly, my forecast went from bad to worse to good to perfect within 10 days, so have faith! And have a cute umbrella handy just in case
25.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies, for lifting my spirits!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be keeping you in my thoughts for a sunny day, but if it does rain it will still be a beautiful day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results