shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to upgrade diamond studs in 2022

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Any thoughts on what size I should go up to? I want to stay classic and everyday but have more noticeable studs. My current pair are WF ACAs in .80 ctw. Thanks for any feedback!

Attachments

• E08420B7-C20F-478E-8F70-3EF725004525.jpeg
    E08420B7-C20F-478E-8F70-3EF725004525.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 102
  • 88618CE4-1C90-4074-AD64-E7725530CF5E.jpeg
    88618CE4-1C90-4074-AD64-E7725530CF5E.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 98

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My first pair were .75 then I went to 1.40 then 2.40 now 3.00 lol.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Any thoughts on what size I should go up to? I want to stay classic and everyday but have more noticeable studs. My current pair are WF ACAs in .80 ctw. Thanks for any feedback!

It really depends on your budget and also what WF has in their inventory for matching pairs. Supply is somewhat low right now, that's not to say there aren't any, so you may want to look and see what they have that fits your budget and color/clarity preferences.

Perhaps coming in just under 1 ct each if they have them might make for a lovely pair.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest 1.4 ctw but as @RunningwithScissors says, it depends on your budget and color/clarity preferences and what is available.

here's a pair about 1.4 ctw H, VS2

and a pair about 1.6 ctw G, VS1

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the critical factors for me is that lobe surround the stud. If the stud is larger than my lobe that is not aesthetically pleasing to me. That’s my size limiting factor. So I’d go as large as your budget and ears allow. :)

Like this

8CFFE386-7A84-4B07-A7E2-471354890B16.jpeg

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
One of the critical factors for me is that lobe surround the stud. If the stud is larger than my lobe that is not aesthetically pleasing to me. That’s my size limiting factor. So I’d go as large as your budget and ears allow. :)

I second that. It very much depends on the size of the lobe. Mine are tiny. 1 ct each ear is plenty for me. Maybe 1.5 the most, but not for everyday. Anything bigger would look awkward.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second that. It very much depends on the size of the lobe. Mine are tiny. 1 ct each ear is plenty for me. Maybe 1.5 the most, but not for everyday. Anything bigger would look awkward.

I cut out tin foil studs to make sure Mary Ann and Ginger would “fit” lol

39A00814-32E3-4E99-B139-D0D2984A8A42.png

00F0B1A9-81BA-4D19-A03D-FA1FF529FC4C.png

1E73A3A0-D7AF-4ABC-97E5-3E9EFE6716E1.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about getting a pair of diamond earring jackets which is more affordable than larger studs?

My studs are nearly 1cttw, bezel-set and overall size in the bezel is 6mm, they were made and given to me when I was in my early teens by my mum.

As a plus size adult, they are too small for my face and big fat earlobes.

So I wear them with a pair of 1cttw diamond earring jackets about 10mm in overall diameter.

I can wear the jackets with other studs such as pearls and CSs.

DK :))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Before I purchased a pair, I bought a set of CZ studs in escalating mm sizes to get a feel for how they would look. It was helpful for me. The final studs were a little under 1ct each.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear 1 ct each ear every day. I have 2 ct each ear for bling day.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi @MeganShannon11 ! I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I am currently upgrading my .80ctw ACA studs to 1.16ctw. (1ctw has always kind of been my "goal size.")

I will come back and let you know how much of a difference I see and if I think it was worth it! (Note: I think, for ME, it will be worth it!)

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Hi @MeganShannon11 ! I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I am currently upgrading my .80ctw ACA studs to 1.16ctw. (1ctw has always kind of been my "goal size.")

I will come back and let you know how much of a difference I see and if I think it was worth it! (Note: I think, for ME, it will be worth it!)

Thank you! Please do. I am now thinking about 1.2-1.3 ctw.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi again! Just wondering if you got your upgrade! I just started the process to upgrade to a 1.3 tcw pair.

Oh my goodness! YES!!! I'm so sorry I never posted my thoughts here!

I love, love, LOVE my new studs! (I'm sure people think they are the only earrings I own because I wear them all the time. LOL!)

When I first got them, I could totally see the difference between .80 ctw and 1.16 ctw. So could my hubby. And, even though a few months have passed, I still think these are the perfect size studs for me. Upgrading, even this small bit, was completely worth it and I do not regret it AT ALL. I think if you go from .80 ctw to 1.3 ctw you will be very, VERY happy!

I did change the setting this time from the martini to the 4 prong basket. I'm so glad I did! I loved the martini at first, but I had a stretched ear piercing that I think the martini stretched even more.

I wasn't able to take good before and after pictures that represented the difference on my ear. But, wow, are these things sparkle bombs!

I can't wait to see what you decide on and get!

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness! YES!!! I'm so sorry I never posted my thoughts here!

I love, love, LOVE my new studs! (I'm sure people think they are the only earrings I own because I wear them all the time. LOL!)

When I first got them, I could totally see the difference between .80 ctw and 1.16 ctw. So could my hubby. And, even though a few months have passed, I still think these are the perfect size studs for me. Upgrading, even this small bit, was completely worth it and I do not regret it AT ALL. I think if you go from .80 ctw to 1.3 ctw you will be very, VERY happy!

I did change the setting this time from the martini to the 4 prong basket. I'm so glad I did! I loved the martini at first, but I had a stretched ear piercing that I think the martini stretched even more.

I wasn't able to take good before and after pictures that represented the difference on my ear. But, wow, are these things sparkle bombs!

I can't wait to see what you decide on and get!

Awesome! So happy to hear you love them and it was totally worth it! Do you have a thread with pics of the new ones? I did post a link to my new diamonds in a new thread. They are I VS2 .64 and .67 with very similar proportions. I’m getting the Sasha Primark semi-custom setting which is very low set with 4 prongs. Very excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results