shape
carat
color
clarity

looking to have pearl ring made -no idea on cost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dallasgirl

Rough_Rock
I am hoping to reproduce a ring my grandmother wore. I believe it was created in the late 1920''s. It was a huge pearl, set in a pronged, claw setting. platinum. the pearl was quite large -no idea how big, but I''m guessing it was a 12 or 13mm -maybe even bigger. Any idea how much a pearl like this would cost?
I have been searching online for pics and I can''t find anything like it really.

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
Maybe your best bet would be to buy a loose pearl and work with a jeweler to have it set in a ring. You can buy loose pearls at pearlparadise.com or purepearls.com--I''m sure there are other websites as well. I''m guessing a 12-13mm white pearl would probably have to be be a South Sea pearl--others can chime in if there are other options. It looks like the pearl would cost $650 or more.

Good luck, sounds like a great project! Let us know how it goes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should check out Single Stone, they do some gorgeous reproductions of 1920's pieces. I would contact Pearl Paradise for your pearl.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto; I would give PP or PO a call. You could look for a large freshwater for or a south sea for your project. The freshwater will be cheaper I believe, it shouldn''t be too hard to find a single pearl in that size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results