shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to buy ASAP, but...

Jrawk380

Rough_Rock
I am planning to propose next month, but the problem is I dont have a center stone for the setting yet.

I am having trouble finding a good sized (1.7+) cushion cut, near colorless, vs2-ish diamond that fits my budget of about $12,000. I had some in mind a few months back, but with the price increase I just need some guidance. I appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Jrawk380

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the links yall.

After looking around, the diamond I have in mind will be a square modern faceted cushion with NO "crushed ice". I love the hearts and arrows, but for the price im going to have to pass on it because I need at least a 1.5+ and my budget is only 12k.

edit:
the link i had saved is no longer available, so i dont have a picture of the actual setting/band but it is very similar to this band, http://www.jared.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1|10451|10001|-1|531016006|19061|19061
the setting is like the band w/o the center stone and the setting prong things coming up. lol sorry

just looking for some advice, thanks again!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Jrawk380

Rough_Rock
thanks slg!

do you know if I can see the ASET/DiamX from jamesallen? After watching the video it seems like thats the best way to see the diamond over the net.. even though it is not as big as i'd like, i really like http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/8470/ ... what is your view on this stone?

Thanks again!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
james allen will provide ASET images.

if you are interested in the one from GOG I would call them and ask about sourcing other modern cushions in your price range and doing a comparison so you have some options to choose from!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you already purchased the setting? I sort of hope not because the stone should be purchased first so the head of the setting can be ordered for the specific size of your stone. Cushions can vary a lot in size depending on the cut. Plus the fact that that setting style is really common, and it would be best to let the diamond vendor set the stone. Then the ring comes to you ready to be insured.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results