shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to buy a smokey quartz emerald cut solitaire for my wife

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

777php

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I came here for advice and knowledge when I wanted to purchase my engangement ring a few years ago and now I''m back seeking the same advice and knowledge for a different ring.

I want to buy my wife a smokey/cognac quartz emerald cut solitaire ring for christmas.

She''s had her eye one this one from Tiffany''s:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP01903&cid=130346&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+130346-r+101323357-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t&mcat=148207

I want to replicate this ring as closely as possible without replicating the price. Anything under $400 would be awesome. I''m not sure if that is even possible, but I''ll ask the experts here.

Are there any good online jewelers that I can put together a ring like this or vendors that may have a ring similar to this already?

Thanks guys!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe that this is one of those occasions on which the phrase "ain''t no thing" is appropriate - while I love the work that Tiffany does on some specific and highly recognizable designs, $800 bucks for smokey quartz and sterling in a basic solitaire .... hello, chutzpah!

I think for something like that, Etsy might be your friend: I think any reputable silversmith should be able to recreate it, so poke around, see whose work you like, and get some quotes. Me, I rather like Amanda Fisher.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
this is the closest i could find 777php and for under $20
36.gif

anyways here''s the website http://opaltreasures-rainbowdreams.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=787

9a923_smquartzssring1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smokey quartz is probably the least expensive stone in the quartz family (and most quartz varieties are inexpensive). For Tiffany to charge $800 for a sllver ring with a smokey quartz in it, just shows that their mark-up is crazy. You should be able to get something similar for around $100. Even QVC, while they may not have that exact ring, they have a myriad of smokey quartz rings with stones that size, in heavier silver settings, for much much less. I like their Judith Ripka line, but it''s not as simple as you were looking for.

777php

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, I''ll give Amanda and Jennifer''s sites a try.

I also found something very similar on this site:

http://www.gemstone-rings-direct.com/lifetime_LT-CS6312SMW.html

and it''s super cheap, might have to buy her something in addition. :)

I was noticing during my research that the stone itself is relatively inexpensive, and was curious to see the market rate for these stones and how much more expensive they got as the carat sizes increase.

Living in the bay area, I might go to the Gift Center in San Francisco and ask around there as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the wholesale price for cut smokey quartz is tops $5/ct. It''s a very very inexpensive stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results