shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking into Upgrading, Need Expert Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jade888

Rough_Rock
Hi Everybody!
35.gif

My finace would like to upgrade my ring. I currently have a .27ct D VS1 ring and would like to go up to a much higher carat, 2 carats. I am in love with the Lucida ring from Tiffany&Co and would like a ring as close to it as possible however, its not within our budget.
8.gif

Basically here is what I was looking for:

- 1.51-1.99 ct
- G, H, I color
- SI1 or SI2 clarity
- princess or radiant cut
- plain x prong Dvatche setting
- budget is $5-6k

Also, I have some questions..
1. How can I give the illusion of a 2ct ring without buying exactly a 2ct diamond?
2. Between the radiant and princess, which is most closest to the lucida diamond?
3. Where can I get the cheapest x prong Dvatche setting?
4. For a diamond this big should I go lower on clarity or color?
5. Is a I color too yellow looking for a diamond this big?

Thanks in advance everyone!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hi jade888-

Have you considered the Lucere (see http://www.goodoldgold.com/lucere.htm)? I hear it''s the closest thing to a Lucida cut. You might also like the Jubilee. I believe both goodoldgold.com and winkjones.com are distributors.

As for size, most square cuts are deeper than rounds, so the weight is not as visible. If you shop for a combination of a slightly shallower stone (but make sure you''re not compromising on performance!) and something that''s just a hair under 2 ct (1.85-1.9 or so), you''ll avoid the big price jump right at 2 ct.

Just some ideas. Happy hunting!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results