shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for yellow diamond for engagement ring!

Selena525

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm getting engaged soon (yay!) and I've been learning about this wonderful (and in-depth) world of diamonds. It's a lot of information and I'm a complete novice! I posted another thread where everyone was so helpful and I have a ring picked out from that thread that I love.

Before I make my final decision though, I recently found a completely different ring while browsing and thought I would bring the specifications here to see what people thought and if anyone had any advice. Budget is ~3,500-4,000 for setting and ring combined.

The ring was:
Cushion cut with a halo
Yellow center diamond: slightly darker than canary yellow (I don't know the exact color)
Split shank with pavé
It sat low. Perhaps a basket? I really don't want a ring that sits super high so lower is better but I understand a basket may not work due to the nature of the ring.

This is a similar picture to what I found just to give you a visual. Hoping to have you all help me find a good one (if possible!)

an other option I found on James Allen:
This setting:
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...-band-diamond-halo-engagement-ring-item-50003

This stone:

Any advice or directions?
Thank you so much in advance!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your impending engagement!!

The pool of lab made yellow cushions is kind of small.. I actually like the one you posted from James Allen. Kind have to see it for yourself, in person. New World diamonds has some nice options, too, but perhaps outside of your budget. Pay attention to vendor returns policies. Some only let you return one time.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would reach out to David at Diamonds By Lauren. He knows his coloured diamonds! They have a lot of ready made pieces too. I've purchased from him before, and even though I'm in Australia, it was an excellent experience.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I would reach out to David at Diamonds By Lauren. He knows his coloured diamonds! They have a lot of ready made pieces too. I've purchased from him before, and even though I'm in Australia, it was an excellent experience.

I second this recommendation!

Selena525

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the comments so far everyone!

I've reached out to Diamonds by Lauren and he had a gorgeous ring that sold. Has anyone seen anything similar anywhere else? I've asked him about recreating something similar in my budget as well.

I would be looking for:

Lab or real diamond
Platinum setting with side diamonds
Silver basket rather than gold
Budget: $3500-4000

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/126ct-y-z-cushion-diamond-ring-r7861

Selena525

Rough_Rock
I second this recommendation!

Love his stuff, thanks for the guidance! I just posted a ring from him that I love and I'm looking for something similar since the one he has has been sold.

Selena525

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your impending engagement!!

The pool of lab made yellow cushions is kind of small.. I actually like the one you posted from James Allen. Kind have to see it for yourself, in person. New World diamonds has some nice options, too, but perhaps outside of your budget. Pay attention to vendor returns policies. Some only let you return one time.

Thanks for the message! Do people return engagement rings more than one time? I didn't know that was common.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the message! Do people return engagement rings more than one time? I didn't know that was common.

I’ve returned loose stones more than once. Especially cushions or other cuts where it’s a impossible to go by the numbers… I may not return a finished ring, but I’d make certain I loved the stone before I had the ring made.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results