shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for well-cut 1ct round LGD for less than $1,000

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
I'm dipping my toe into the world of LGDs and don't want spend too much. I've taken a look at a couple of sites and it seems like what I want would (Ideal or Excellent, GHI, SI1) cost over $1K. However, I freely admit that I don't know what I am doing and may be overlooking some great stones... Or maybe not? Is what I am looking for possible at this price point?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big would you want to go? You can get a really good 1.5 for $1000.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, boxbits!
Have a look at these options:

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Hi, boxbits!
Have a look at these options:

Wow, DejaWiz! How amazing are you? Thanks so much for these options! I didn't even know about Ritani LGDs. Can I get your expert opinion on this one?

PS Kim N - I like the way you think ;)2

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow, DejaWiz! How amazing are you? Thanks so much for these options! I didn't even know about Ritani LGDs. Can I get your expert opinion on this one?

PS Kim N - I like the way you think ;)2

You're very welcome!

About the one you posted: something seems a bit "off" with it. Could merely be the camera settings and/or photography environment, but it could be some brillianteering tricks like excessive painting/digging.

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
I will have to look up what painting and digging means. :)

Do you think there are any good ones on the Ritani site that are around a carat and the same price range?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Do you think there are any good ones on the Ritani site that are around a carat and the same price range?

Here's a great article from the PS education section:

I'll scour their inventory and see what I can find.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
You are truly the greatest! Thank you!

I have a question: what do you look for when searching for diamonds?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

boxbits

Shiny_Rock

Thank you!

I've narrowed it down to these two:

Any thoughts on which I should choose?

I appreciate all the help you and DejaWiz have provided!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

I've narrowed it down to these two:

Any thoughts on which I should choose?

I appreciate all the help you and DejaWiz have provided!

I prefer 40.6-40.9 for a pavilion angle, as lower angles can sometimes cause additional darkness under the table. So I like the 1.03 better.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
You are truly the greatest! Thank you!

I have a question: what do you look for when searching for diamonds?

That is a loaded question! Definitely too much to answer in one night!! LOL

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
I prefer 40.6-40.9 for a pavilion angle, as lower angles can sometimes cause additional darkness under the table. So I like the 1.03 better.

Thank you, Kim! I've gone ahead and purchased the 1.03. Should have it next week and I will post photos when it arrives!

That is a loaded question! Definitely too much to answer in one night!! LOL
Lol. I've been lurking on Pricescope for so long and have never been able to get the hang of what makes a diamond "right". I appreciate everyone for their insight and the time they spend helping others!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Kim! I've gone ahead and purchased the 1.03. Should have it next week and I will post photos when it arrives!

Lol. I've been lurking on Pricescope for so long and have never been able to get the hang of what makes a diamond "right". I appreciate everyone for their insight and the time they spend helping others!

Excellent, can't wait to hear what you think!

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
It's here and I love it! It's perfectly cut, clear as glass and bright as anything.

I've attached two (poorly taken) photos - the first is a group shot with my EMDs (the studs are ACAs from Whiteflash). The second is my new little guy by himself on my dirty window sill - cloudy today. It's not captured in the photo because I couldn't quite get it to sit perfectly flat, but I am loving the way the little hearts and arrows wink at me in the light.

There is nothing discernable to me that distinguishes it from an EMD - not with my naked eye or with a 40x loupe.

Thank you @Kim N and @DejaWiz for guiding me into this world!

IMG_0483.jpeg IMG_0484.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - that's one heck of a beautiful diamond!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here and I love it! It's perfectly cut, clear as glass and bright as anything.

I've attached two (poorly taken) photos - the first is a group shot with my EMDs (the studs are ACAs from Whiteflash). The second is my new little guy by himself on my dirty window sill - cloudy today. It's not captured in the photo because I couldn't quite get it to sit perfectly flat, but I am loving the way the little hearts and arrows wink at me in the light.

There is nothing discernable to me that distinguishes it from an EMD - not with my naked eye or with a 40x loupe.

Thank you @Kim N and @DejaWiz for guiding me into this world!

IMG_0483.jpeg IMG_0484.jpeg

It's gorgeous! How are you going to set it?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results