shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for unusual size wedding band

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for a plain platinum wedding band to go with my new engagement ring setting and I'm having trouble finding one with the right dimensions. I already have several bands at home but not one of them fits right with this ring. The pave engagement ring is 1.6mm wide x 2.25mm high. So it's taller and narrow. I'm happy to look at bands up to 2mm wide but I can't find any that are 2.25mm in height. The setting is Bella Vita from Ritani, but the plain band they recommend doesn't fit flush, it's only about 1.8mm high. I've been checking most of the PS vendors, but they don't seem to post the heights. Does anyone know of a vendor or designer that might carry this quirky size? Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
You may want to check with E-Wedding Bands. Their heavy domed comfort fit band might fit your needs or they might be able to customize it for you. They've done so for me before.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Logan Sapphire. I went through their website but didn't find anything with the right dimensions. I'll definitely speak to them if I end up needing custom. Whiteflash has the U-113 band that's 2.3mm in height but it's a knife edge, so I don't know how that would look next to a non-knife edge band. It might work but I'm not sure. Brian Gavin has the lace band that's 2.1mm high, but it's pricier than what I wanted to spend. It's beautiful though and unique so I've got it on the list. I have a feeling I'm going to need to have a band custom made to match.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're open to custom you could also check out etsy. especially just for a plain plat band, might be a more economical option

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just keep in mind that bands don't all need to be the exact same height as long as they are relatively close. My U-113 e-ring is higher near the head, and my 2mm high band is not quite as high as the highest part but is around the same on the sides. I would think 2mm height should work fine. Is your ring really 2.25mm high all the way around?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another recommendation for e-weddingbands ::)

I am the same way - very very particular about things like height, width, roundedness... They're really fantastic to work with and their prices are incredibly low, especially given their excellent customer service (by any standard)! They were able to get me a band of exactly the alloy I wanted (colour-match) and shave it to exactly the profile/curvature I was looking for.

I don't trust Etsy - the vast majority of cost-effective vendors tend to be... Looser on specs than I am. 2.1mm is not 2.25mm, and when I specify 2.25mm I actually want 2.25mm...

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got back from the jewelry store where I had them measure the ring with calipers.
The bottom of the ring is 2.1mm height and then flares out where the diamonds start to 2.5mm (it's a half eternity). The curve of the ring is more elliptical so at the top it's 2.9mm if I follow the curve perfectly. I was using a ruler to get the 2.25mm, so I was way off.
This is the setting
https://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/three-stone-halo-diamond-band-engagement-ring-in-platinum/5012

Ritani doesn't have a plain platinum ring that matches perfectly. The one I have is apparently 2mm height..I better throw out that ruler :o

I must have tried on ten different rings and the only one that was a close fit was a Tacori, but it was a half eternity close to $6000.00. So that's a no go. There's one Ritani dealer in my city, so I'll drive out there next week and see if they have any suggestions. Otherwise I think I'll have to go custom. If I do that, would it be best to have them make it a round 2.5mm height which kind of splits the difference?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely wouldn't go higher than 2.5mm because that is really thick between the fingers as it is. If you have a Tiffany's nearby, it would be worth looking there because their domed milgrain edge bands are relatively high compared to others I have seen.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks telephone89 and Yssie for the suggestions. I will definitely contact e-wedding bands if I go custom and see if they can help me out. I'll have a look on etsy as well. I'm trying to do this on a budget since I already have many other bands sitting in my jewelry box not getting much love.
Diamond seeker thanks for the Tiffany suggestion. I'll pop in next week to see whether they have anything that works. I know what you mean about not going past 2.5mm. This ring is so delicate in reality, but It would probably rub if I went any higher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results