shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for this style setting.....alternatives?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
You may be able to find something similar, or have something similar made, by one of the vendors here, but the price will probably be close to that. That's a pretty typical price for a platinum setting with diamonds, engraving, etc. I'm not sure what the quality is like, though, in terms of alloy, diamond melee quality, etc. Maybe someone else has seen settings from this company in person, and can chime in.

ETA: What you could do is e-mail the link to that setting to a few of the vendors here who do custom/semi-custom design and ask them what they'd quote you for a setting similar to that, in platinum, with engraving, and high-quality diamond melee (the small sidestones).

Many companies have had price increases in their settings due to increases in metals and diamond melee, but it's worth getting some other quotes to compare.

Here are some companies that do custom/semi-custom CAD/Cast settings:

Good Old Gold
Engagement Rings Direct
High Performance Diamonds
Whiteflash
Brian Gavin Diamonds
ID Jewelry

seedslinger

Rough_Rock
Great info. Lula.

1500 doesnt seem bad, considering I saw what I think is the same band in a store in San Francisco last weekend for 3k.

Just thought I would see if this is a some-what common style, or unique to this designer.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Great, I'm glad I could help. That style is a classic vintage style, not unique to that designer. What you do want in a classic design like that, though, is "quality ingredients," e.g., nice sparkly sidestones, a head (the part that holds your stone) that is proportionate to your stone (and not a 3/4 carat stone set into a head that was made for a 1 carat stone, for example), and quality milgrain (the beaded edge of the ring) and engraving. There are many levels of quality for all of those things, and you want the best quality for your money. Have you done a search on pricescope for any threads on this vendor's work? I'm really drawing a blank on whether or not anyone here has a ring from that company, and I think you might want to double check that with a search. And, yes, I'm not surprised you saw a similar ring for twice the price! Engraved platinum settings with sidestones can be pricy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results