shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for this setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wjberris

Rough_Rock
Hello all - thanks tov the many that gave me advice on my first posting... here is what I am finding... I am having grat luck finding some great diamonds online at some really agressive prices with good specs, %''s, etc.

The problem is a lot of the places I am looking are relatively sparse when it comes to the setting I want. Attached is the setting my girlfriend wants - exactly. Which of the onlice vendors represented here can you recommend that would stock this? Alos, I think that I have seen a similar model that is thicker with two baguettes flanking the center stone on either side.

When I find this setting (or the double wide model - forgive the trailer-park pun there) I will be just about there... this is funny- the setting is causing me more stress than the diamond at this point - I know I can find a good diamond!

Thanks for the help and direction!

~Bill

3003028_Princess.jpg

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I found it in platinum:

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/engagement/withDiamonds/pages/5EA2.asp

However, that's a very basic e-ring design. You shouldn't have any problem finding someone to custom make it for you if you can't find exactly what you want.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I am surprised you have not been able to find that setting. It's a classic and I have found it in many B&M stores and on-line. Here's one from Mondera. You can buy the setting alone. Don't know if it comes in yellow gold.
I'll look for more and send it to you.
Jenibear

3002441_Princess.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Here's one from Whiteflash.com, item number GA8941

gi_GA8941_t.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Here's one from Dirtcheapdiamonds.com for $900. Item number 1113

dirtcheap.jpg

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
And last but not least icestore.com has a whole section of baguette settings: http://icestore.com/rings/platinum_baguette_settings.asp

Good luck and let us know what you find!
Jenibear

wjberris

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for the info!

I am in the process of e-mailing each of the vendors that you (and others) gave me to get info about pricing and availability...

Let's hope for the best.

Oh, and if I get the band that is thicker with two baguettes onv either side, do you think that a 1.1-1.24 carat stone would look too small, or would it compliment the thicker band nicely?

Thanks,
Bill

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Personally, when it comes to baguette settings, I prefer thin mountings. I think they compliment the center stone making it look larger. If you want a thick band consider something like a X-prong design. I'd have a look at D Vatche site... There are a lot of interesting ideas!
Designs By Vatche

appl.gif
1.gif

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
This is the style of my e-ring. I have it in white gold with a center round .69 ct and two baguettes .15 each. I don't know if you're interested in white gold or platinum, but I can tell you that just for the setting in white gold it would cost less than $100.
Oh, and I agree that a thinner band will look much better with the baguettes and it will make the diamond appear larger. Mine is 'only' .69 ct but stands out much more, if you can believe, than my friend's 1.5ct because her band is almost as wide as her diamond. She even said mine looks bigger than hers! (I wouldn't go that far.)
Good luck!

wjberris

Rough_Rock
I am beginning to agree that the thinner band would work better -- unless of course you have some meteor-sized rock in the middle... that was my cconcern originally, and you all have confirmed it for me.

The only vendor to respond to my e-mails thus far has been Dirt Cheap Diamonds... anybody here dealt with them? They seem to do a great job from what I read. The tough part is that I guess the two-tone version has to be made-up for me special and will take like 2 weeks or so to do. I was thinking and hoping that this may be more of a stock item...

I will have to check around a bit more I guess - I was hoping to get this done by the weekend, but it may not end up working out like that... we shall see... wish me luck!

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
What I always do is call everyone that may sell what I am looking for to find out what they have in stock and their prices before deciding on what and where to make my purchase.
You may not have to have the ring specially made if someone else already has it in stock.
Good luck,
Jenibear

wjberris

Rough_Rock
Yeah -- I even e-mailed some pics to my mom and am having her run to a couple of reputable stores where she is... I was hoping to get everything at least lined up within the next couple of days - I will keep my fingers crossed... Why more people don't answer e-mails from customers with money burning a hole in their pocket I will never understand...

I will keep all informed of my progress or lack thereof!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results