shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for the right gemstone (again)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pyro008

Rough_Rock
I''m back and I still don''t have a ring, and I''ve got a whole new set of gems to work from. Basically, I''m going to wait a while and do my research so I can find a really good ring for myself.

Anyway, let''s get right into those gemstones.

Since I am in fact a Scorpio and born in November, it would seem sensible to get a topaz stone or a citrine stone. Here''s my problem with those stones; I don''t really like the yellowish-gold appearence of citrine and yellow topaz. Blue Topaz is actually quite appealing but I have heard that it is a December birthstone.

In addition, I have also heard that the official stone for a Scorpio (rather than birthmonths) is Beryl (an extremely broad family of several stones) I like being a Scorpio more than being born in November, so I would suppose that Beryl would also be a good choice.

The three Scorpio stones which I thought of getting were: Emerald, Aquamarine (both part of Beryl) and Amethyst which is a planetary stone. The problem is that I am a guy and Amethyst is purple, so I''m a bit afraid that it isn''t that masculine, although as a heterosexual male, I stil must admit I like the color.

So, I suppose these are the stones in question (for now)
Citrine- don''t like color
Topaz (Blue or Yellow)- I like blue better, but that might be for December
Emerald- don''t like as much as the blue stones, but still good
Aquamarine- way too expensive; I could easily get a low quality one (I''m thinking of doing that) but it would cost a fortune to get a high quality aquamarine; although I would say this is m yfavorite
Amethyst- not very masculine

Anyway, any input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... the rings posted on the other thread work with relatively small gems. In any size, emerald will be seriously more expensive than the nicest matching aqua.

Amethyst is a traditional stone for men''s rings as far as I know - especially the darker color. This could easily get quite large without being expensive - even the best quality.

Actually, starting with a ring design, it should be feasible to choose one of these three (aqua, emerald and amethyst) according to budget and size. The range of prices is quite wide for them
34.gif

Just my 0.2, of course.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results