shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Spessartite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
MZ ~ i know i am excited. perhaps even if i do fall in love with the stone i will still keep it but then not to use it as an ering. I have a feeling that i am going to love it! then if i do love it the next task will be to set it :) any ideas?
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, you''ve seen Mine''s and you''ve seen the one i have. if you''re looking for the classic prong setting, then i don''t think spess is appropriate. but if you''re open to being a bit creative and perhaps unusual, then there isn''t a problem.....and if you''ve adjusted to not wearing it 24/7 then i say the time to start looking at setting is NOW. if you end up loving the stone, i bet richard homer will have an idea or two to share with you........

any of the color stone e-rings posted at pricescope could be contenders, with variations of course!

movie zombie

ps are you a halo person? i''m not but many are and that would offer some protection as well....like Mine''s.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Well i have been emailing Richard back and forth and he didnt like the idea of putting in a halo or a bezel because if the stone needed to be repolished it would be a challenge doing so, he suggested sticking with prongs. Do you think people have to repolish their stones often? I guess i never thought of that.

Because I LOVE Neatfreak's new setting for her ering. I would LOVE to try to do something like that. It is so simple and absolutly stunning. I believe she got her setting done at ERD? I have always liked Bezeled settings. I like halos, but for cost sake i would rather stay aways for adding more of a cost.

I will start paging through the colored rings and see what goodies i come up with. Again the stone that he will be sending is a square cushion.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Neatfreak's beautiful ring, i would like to do something similar.

IMG_23453184 bezel.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven''t had my spess polished....... richard has way more experience than me but i wouldn''t set a spess in prongs. semi-bezel as is my spess would be the most i''d risk.

movie zombie

thekinglives

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the late reply, Beanie! I was
planning a spess right-hand ring, but I'm
sure it would have ended up on my left
hand with a suitable band. I think a semi
or full bezel is a good way to proceed
with spess, for safety, and because I
think the look of a noticeable gold-line
brings the colour to (even greater)
mesmerising life. I hope your project
goes smoothly for you
1.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had my tsavorite repolished/trimmed by Richard.

It came back looking better than it did before and will no loss in measurements and I only lost a point or two in weight - but all I noticed was it''s better performance.

I have a prong setting so it was easy to have it done.

My setting seemed quite high when I first got it, but so far I''ve only clonked it once - major panic, but it was fine. FI managed to snag and destroy two of the prongs by accident at which point it had to have emergency surgery. They reset the stone 1mm lower and did a great job (literally 2 months after I got it back from the repolish
20.gif
). I haven''t bashed it on anything yet, but I am quite careful though.

One thing to remember when you are setting is to think about what kind of wedding band you would like. My ring looked horrific with a normal plain platinum band which was what I thought I would get.

Instead I''m now having a curved band made to fit with the same size diamonds that I have in the lower part of my e-ring. It meant going custom which ups the cost considerably.

If you do need a band to fit, consider having it done at the same time as the e-ring, and then you won''t need to send it back to be fitted to it etc.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
hi ladies!

well just as we were about to send in money to get the Spessartite sent to us for review, we get hit with the midwest flooding.
Oh joy!
38.gif

So we have decided to put the stone on hold for a bit until we get settled on what will be coved with insurance.

I just wanted to say thank you for all your suggestions and helpful insight! I would also like to thank Richard Homer for all his fantastic work and for makeing me feel totally at ease with the stone before i even saw it. Hopefully we will get back on track soon and the stone will still be available!

thanks!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results