shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for sound advice in the search for a matched pair

Hello PS,

I am looking for a stone to complete a 2.5cttw set of studs. My current stone is approximately an I1 and probably about a D-F in color. It's well cut and is mostly eye clean (enough so that I would feel comfortable having it set as a ring) I believe the cut vastly improves its performance as well as not having visible black carbon inclusions.

My question to all of you is what range would you feel comfortable (I'm thinking clarity/color/size) for matching a pair? My staple set includes one noticeably nicer (under the loupe) but, a tiny bit smaller while the other is very slightly bigger and is more included. What size difference would the average mortal be able to tell that ones larger than the other? Though, both are very similar in color (I cannot tell a difference from below the sides straight on etc).

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Thanks!!! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: looking for sound advice in the search for a matched pai

Does the current diamond have a GIA report? We need the specs on the stone to help you find a close match...diameter, table size, angles, color, etc. If it is not graded, you'll need to get this information either by sending the stone to GIA or using an independent appraiser who can give you that info.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results