shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for sound advice...color treatments

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for some advice from the experts here on color treatment of a diamond. I found a 2.62 carat pear cut, here are the stats:

Weight (Size): 2.62 ct.
Cut (Shape): Pear
Clarity: VS2
Color: M
Certificate: GIA
Measurements (mm): 12.79-7.55-4.68
Depth 62
Table 60
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Flourescence: FNT
Price: $5,751.42

The stone is absolutely gorgeous. I love the cut and the ratio. Unfortunately hubby doesn't like stones with more color than K. I don't mind the color at all, but it would be nice if it was just a little whiter. My questions are this - there is a relatively new treatment to make yellow stones whiter. What is involved in the process? What risks to the stone are there? How does the color treatment affect the value of the stone? If you found a stone that everything about it is just what you are looking for but the color is not quite perfect, and you can have that changed, would you? Why or why not?

While I would love to hear "Oh, that's a great stone! The treatment will make it even better; I'd do it in a hearbeat!", I want to hear the truth.

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
Oh, come on...there has GOT to be at least one expert that can give me some advice on this.

I really, really want this stone...even with the M color. The thought of not getting it fills me with the same anxiety that I've felt for years after we let a 2.83 carat old european cut slip away. I'm afraid that if I don't get this stone I'm going to be regretting it for a long time to come.
8.gif

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Mel, ask Dave Atlas or any other professional through email, just to ensure you get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results