shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for something rare?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
How about one of THESE?
2.gif

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh!!! Thanks for that link!!! There are a few pricescopers who own 1 or 2 of these gems that I know of! How exciting!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s the famous taeefite we''ve all been recently talking about!! I have a benitoite, does that make me a collector of rare gems!!??

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 9:55:08 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
There''s the famous taeefite we''ve all been recently talking about!! I have a benitoite, does that make me a collector of rare gems!!??
Yes I think it does!

What is with this website http://bkkgemstones.com/single-stones-musgravite-c-151_125.html
They sell some of the rare gems but what is with their cuts? and most have visible inclusions. I like the marquise musgravite!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 3/4 carat benitoite in an enlongated hexagon shape Here it is - it's around 75 points and I bought it 15 years ago. The picture does it no justice, it's has very interesting optical properties. It looks like it has blue and pink laser beams coming out of it since it refracts light so differently than other stones.

Very interesting link Ma Re. Thanks for providing that.

benitoite_elongatedcut.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a rare gem as well, sphalerite. It's one of the most beautiful gems I have, but unfortunatley, it's only a 4 on the Mohs scale, so it's confined to a gem box. Even though this picture was taken in the worst lighting conditions, a dim room with my camera shadow hanging over it, you can see that it still has interesting refractive properties. It reminds me of diamond in many ways. When light hits this stone, it's amazing.

sphalerite_trillion.jpg

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
sheeeeshhh! a 4!!!! woah! I thought 6 was soft. So there isn''t much you could do with that. What a shame

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is a pity. This stone gives diamond a run for the money.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of sphalerites, I don''t understand why they don''t fashion them into bufftops - that would increase wearability for sure, and still make the stones sparkle to a point.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Funny they didn''t include hauyne. Very, very little facetable rough and the most wonderful blue. In fact, the spectrum is just a spike dead on the blue frequency.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2008 8:03:44 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Funny they didn''t include hauyne. Very, very little facetable rough and the most wonderful blue. In fact, the spectrum is just a spike dead on the blue frequency.
True indeed. Looking at hauynes makes my knees go weak.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results