shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for something blue or green

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if the colored stone experts could help me find a stone that is blue or green. I am thinking Paraiba or Tsavorite. Would prefer unheated, less than $600. Prefer cushion, pear, but anything that''s not round is good. Is this a good Tsavorite? http://www.ajsgems.com/garnet/tsavorite-garnet/tsavorite-garnet-1.04-carats.html-0 What should I be looking for? I like a vibrant color, but what other characteristics do I need to consider?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture looks very pretty on my monitor. However, it may have a small to medium window based on the depth given and also scrutinizing the picture. I normally recommend extra pictures from vendors but the last I heard, AJS no longer provides additional pictures.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If you''re new to colored stones check out buying guides on palagems.com - there is one for tsavorites and one for tourmalines, so those might be helpful. The stone you linked to looks very nice btw, and I don''t see any real issues you could have with it.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have no association with this seller, but I have seen his cutting, which is excellent. He''s got a couple of really great deals going on right now, as he''s had some problems which have caused him to have to quit cutting for a while. This particular stone is over 4 carats for $400, a super deal for a large stone at a very low price. He''s got a nice top color tsavorite and some other tourmalines at clearcutgems.com

klygrn2.26.jpg

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/12/2009 2:55:36 PM
Author: Michael_E
I have no association with this seller, but I have seen his cutting, which is excellent. He''s got a couple of really great deals going on right now, as he''s had some problems which have caused him to have to quit cutting for a while. This particular stone is over 4 carats for $400, a super deal for a large stone at a very low price. He''s got a nice top color tsavorite and some other tourmalines at clearcutgems.com

I''ll second that. He''s an excellent gemcutter and offering great pricing.

Lisa

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Opposed bar cuts are big fun, too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Swala Gems has some nice tsavorites.

Here are a few that are <600 that are not marked as reserved or sold

1) 1.31 ct cushion

swalatsav_600.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
1.33 ct 7.2x6.2 oval

swalatsav601.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
1.28 6.2x6.2mm cushion

swala_tsav602.jpg

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Aaaaannnd since I just swapped my mixed-up 3.11 Mahenge spinel for the Swala tsav I was supposed to have gotten in the first place, I can verify that the color of the tsavorites in that parcel is just breathtaking. It is a perfect, luminous, true green with no yellow or blue overtones at all. (The hint of blue that my monitor shows in those tsavorites is not accurate. The color is 100% green, not blue-green in the slightest.)

I have a cushion slightly smaller than the ones LtlFirecracker linked to. Cutting is superb.

If I had even the thinnest thread of an excuse I would absolutely snap up one of those bigger cushions, but I just don''t have any more ring fingers.
39.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/12/2009 6:04:03 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
1.28 6.2x6.2mm cushion
Wow! Looks like a great green and very nice shape as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LT,
You are making me drool over these tsavorites.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results