shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for some more advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherrick02

Rough_Rock
So the original diamond has been scratched, but WF has me looking at this stone below. Definitely a lot more expensive, but they said they could work on the price for me, not sure how much, but we shall see. Let me know your thoughts on this one.

GIA
Depth 61
Table 57
Crown 35
Pavilion 40.8
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: VG
Symmetry:EX
7.85-7.92x4.81
Fluor:Faint

Pic''s to follow.....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a little leakage - whether this would be visible to the human eye or not is debatable though, and the optical symmetry isn't top notch, having said that it is a well cut diamond, it depends on what you want. If you want a ' fine make' of cut quality then this one could fit the bill, if you want the very cream of the crop cut then this one isn't quite there. Make sure it is eyeclean to your standards as usual.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the previous stone.

This stone looks good but just does not appeal to me because of the lack of symm and some slight leakage. Probably a mind clean issue for me and might not be visible in real life.

cherrick02

Rough_Rock
Unfortunate, it looked like it had so much promise. This other diamond WF told me was a really good stone and that she had inspected it before and that it was nice and definitely eye clean. I was just surprised at the large price differential.

So hopefully this link works, I figured this might be easier than trying to attach the cert...let me know thoughts on this one if you don''t mind...slightly nervous about going down to a 1.65 b/c I really liked the 1.77+ stones.....

http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-ideal-cut-e-color-si1-clarity_LD01116676?__fun_frm=i&filter_id=0

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is no way to compare them without getting the ASET and Ideal-Scope for the diamond you linked.

The 1.81 shows better performance and cut precision than the average diamond, even with the inconsistencies that have been pointed out.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of budget are you working at?

rookie1981

Rough_Rock
I like Lorelei''s and John''s comments - good performing stone given what you could find out there, but do you want to pay for "great"?

And that''s a decision only you can make.

I will say this, I just purchased an ACA diamond from Whiteflash for my girlfriend''s engagement ring (wish me luck on Saturday! HA!) and I had Whiteflash send me some pictures of the ring prior to shipping. I shared them with some coworkers today and every single one of them commented on the beauty of the arrows and the contrast in regular, old white lighting. Again, the evaluation is yours to make. After all, its much easier to spend someone else''s money!

Happy hunting!

cherrick02

Rough_Rock
So I''m looking to spend $12K or under, but am willing to increase that if the stone was perfect. I''m actually having a tough time finding something for that price. Cut is of utmost importance to me and I don''t want to go below a G color. Clarity not as important, but I want it to be eye clean and don''t want to be able to see black marks, etc. Basically I want it all on a budget, isn''t that what everyone wants.....

Rookie-Thanks for the input and good luck this Saturday!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:59:37 AM
Author: cherrick02
So I''m looking to spend $12K or under, but am willing to increase that if the stone was perfect. I''m actually having a tough time finding something for that price. Cut is of utmost importance to me and I don''t want to go below a G color. Clarity not as important, but I want it to be eye clean and don''t want to be able to see black marks, etc. Basically I want it all on a budget, isn''t that what everyone wants.....

Rookie-Thanks for the input and good luck this Saturday!
Not loving the angle combo on the BN stone myself.

And something''s going to have to give here unfortunately. You just can''t get that size you want, within the parameters you''ve set. Let me just ask, have you seen a really well cut stone in H? Honestly, unless you know you''re very color sensitive, there''s not much difference at all. If you know you are, please disregard, I''m just trying to find a way here.
28.gif

If you want to stick with cut being tops (I would), and nothing else can give, you''ll just have to consider going down in size a bit. I would recommend going with a vendor that has a good upgrade policy, and maybe you could work your way up to that size you''re wanting. Remember too, a very well cut stone will really shine, and appear slightly bigger than it is.

I had a look around, and found these.

This is a really well cut stone. And just under the 1.5 mark, so you''re not paying that premium, but get the look of a solid 1.50. Of course need to ask about eyecleanliness, it looks like the main inclusion could be covered with a prong. I love this stone. Great color/clarity/size/cut! Bankwire is discount.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5737/

Slightly bigger, and more expensive (over the 1.5 mark). It wouldn''t be worth it to me, but I''m not a real size gal. It might be for you. There''s a .14mm difference between this one and the GOG stone. 13,029.00 with PS discount.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1848225.htm

Anyway, thought I''d throw these out!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Easter Bunny above offers good advice and suggestions <------- Ellen.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 4:27:54 AM
Author: Lorelei
9.gif
9.gif

Fanks.
hareiam.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 8:54:28 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/11/2009 4:27:54 AM
Author: Lorelei
9.gif
9.gif

Fanks.
hareiam.gif
LOL!!!!

cherrick02

Rough_Rock
Thank you Easter Bunnies for the advice, this has all been very helpful! Unfortunately not sure I want to admit this, but I am bit of a size gal. I have tried on 1.5 stones and they just look a bit too small to me..maybe it was the stone I was trying on, but I saw a pretty big difference between the 1.5 and the 1.77 and just felt the 1.5 was too small. I actually have not seen an "H" color diamond in person, the main reason I had decided on "G" being the lowest was two reason 1) I had looked at the stone and felt comfortable with that color 2)I read somewhere on these boards, someone had talked about how they would never go below on "G" color. I am not so concerned with being able to say I have this color diamond or that color, I just don''t want to be able to notice any of the warmth or yellow color. If I understand you correctly if the diamond is cut really well, then the color would not really be a factor if I went down to an "H"?

Again, appreciate all the advice it has all been a great learning experience. Definitely glad I happened to find this board.

Happy Easter!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 9:15:59 AM
Author: cherrick02
Thank you Easter Bunnies for the advice, this has all been very helpful! Unfortunately not sure I want to admit this, but I am bit of a size gal. I have tried on 1.5 stones and they just look a bit too small to me..maybe it was the stone I was trying on, but I saw a pretty big difference between the 1.5 and the 1.77 and just felt the 1.5 was too small. I actually have not seen an 'H' color diamond in person, the main reason I had decided on 'G' being the lowest was two reason 1) I had looked at the stone and felt comfortable with that color 2)I read somewhere on these boards, someone had talked about how they would never go below on 'G' color. I am not so concerned with being able to say I have this color diamond or that color, I just don't want to be able to notice any of the warmth or yellow color. If I understand you correctly if the diamond is cut really well, then the color would not really be a factor if I went down to an 'H'?

Again, appreciate all the advice it has all been a great learning experience. Definitely glad I happened to find this board.

Happy Easter!
Welcome!

Do you know if the stone you tried on was well cut? I ask, because if not, it "could" possibly not be facing up as it should, do to cut. No way to know though... At any rate, as far as H goes, no, in a well cut stone, you will never see yellow.
28.gif

Have a look at this video on color, if you haven't, see if it helps. There's a face up line up at the end.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/awesome-video-on-diamond-color.108616/

Also, here is a thread full of J's, just to give you an idea of what they look like in well cuts stones. Obviously H is higher, so it might help give you an idea.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-stones-in-platinum.24731/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results