shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for some lavender/pastel pearls

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, thanks @chroman for suggesting I bring my revised search to this forum ;)2

Okay, here's a condensed backstory: I'm getting married next June and am looking for a necklace. I thought I wanted a colored stone pendant but came across a photo of lavender pearls and was instantly smitten.
IMG_4223.JPG

The accessories/color palette so far for my wedding is this:
IMG_3330.JPG

My dress is ivory in color and will have a halter style lace top with a small dip in the cleavage area. I'm thinking somewhere around 19-20" would look best but I welcome opinions. I'm not set on a single strand, multi-strand, or a long strand that could be wrapped.

Any suggestions on vendors I should look at or specific necklaces you think I should consider? Pearls are a new realm for me so I'm truly clueless (other than knowing what I like the look of).

Thanks for any help you can give!

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! Do you like the shape of the pearls (souffle) in that inspiration photo, or is it more the colors that drew your eye?

I'd definatly reach out to pearl paradise - I know they just returned from a big buying trip and should be well stocked atm. Find some inspirational photos and email them over to see what they might have.

I havent tracked the pear world too closely for the last year or so, but lavender was an up-and-coming color from the fresh water producers - might be worth a look.

Are silvery-blue tones appealing? For some reason I want to suggest looking at blue akoya's as something different.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Do you like the shape of the pearls (souffle) in that inspiration photo, or is it more the colors that drew your eye?

I'd definatly reach out to pearl paradise - I know they just returned from a big buying trip and should be well stocked atm. Find some inspirational photos and email them over to see what they might have.

I havent tracked the pear world too closely for the last year or so, but lavender was an up-and-coming color from the fresh water producers - might be worth a look.

Are silvery-blue tones appealing? For some reason I want to suggest looking at blue akoya's as something different.
Thanks for the reply. In the example photo it was the color that first drew my attention, but I also like the organic feel of the pearls; I think I'm leaning that way vs. traditional round pearls. And yes, blue/silver tones in conjunction with lavender/pink/green is appealing. I also like a bit of a metallic feel, where the colors shine and possibly shift color depending on how the light hits it.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few more examples of ones I found that I like.
Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.17.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.14.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 8.34.54 PM.png
I feel like I'm all over the place. I wish I could try these on so that I could see how they'd look with the dress/accessories :confused2:

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Heh - welcome to the other side of pearls - where things arn't always white. Or round ;-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And damn, if money were no object...

Perhaps a single, large, baroque one ... The WILDLY non-round are the most colourful too.

Douglas showed me some too long ago. I am not seeing similar stuff online.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I've bought one :mrgreen2:. Pearls from 5.4mm to 10.3mm and 18" in length. I'm also considering two more (one from Wen and another from Catherine Cardellini); both would have some custom work done on them so I'm waiting for quotes. For now, here's the one that is on its way to me! I love the shades of lavender and pale pink/peach/green, and the silver daisies surrounding the large pearls are just adorable imho.
Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 11.10.26 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 11.03.38 AM.png

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited you got that one! All were beautiful options, but I think it will look amazing with the other wedding ensemble photos you showed. I think that palette is going to be just gorgeous and so romantic!

Where is that strand from? I really like the combination of sizes.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited you got that one! All were beautiful options, but I think it will look amazing with the other wedding ensemble photos you showed. I think that palette is going to be just gorgeous and so romantic!

Where is that strand from? I really like the combination of sizes.
Thank you! I'm hoping it's just as pretty in person. That strand is also from Catherine Cardellini. She was very easy to work with and helpful as I made my decision.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You'll have to post neck shots when it comes in =)2

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is a very sweet and delicate necklace ... 5mm are a wonderful little size and with the larger pearls being only 10mm it will be a perfect fine little piece. Quite different to the large pearls you originally posted ! The more you look at the more you narrow down what you want. I'm sure you'll love it !

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very sweet and delicate necklace ... 5mm are a wonderful little size and with the larger pearls being only 10mm it will be a perfect fine little piece. Quite different to the large pearls you originally posted ! The more you look at the more you narrow down what you want. I'm sure you'll love it !
Oh Mann!!! I thought your PS name was Kat BRAIN and now I'm a little disappointed but bran is good too...

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually ended up ordeing the first necklace I posted too :lol:. I'll decide which to wear with my dress when they get here but will keep both of them. My favorite colors are purples/blues/greens/pinks so I'm sure they'll get lots of wear regardless :mrgreen2:

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
can't wait to see it on you. :love: Catherine has great pearls and she is wonderful to work with

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! @ILikeShiny how did the engagement go?!?!!! Congratulations!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny Did you get the pearls from Catherine cardellini? I am eyeing a long strand of baroque pearls, similar to the ones you have shown in this thread. Thanks!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny Did you get the pearls from Catherine cardellini? I am eyeing a long strand of baroque pearls, similar to the ones you have shown in this thread. Thanks!
I did! She was very easy to work with.

The strand isn’t as vibrant as the photos make them look, unfortunately, but I kept them anyway for a future use. They’re pretty, but I’ve decided to wear the pearls from Wen instead for my wedding.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is wen Kojima?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Take a look at Simplyadorned4u on Etsy. She has also very nice designs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg and others, I forgot to share photos! Here are a couple of quick snaps. The rounds are from Catherine and the baroque strand is from Wen.

CE0BE43E-F852-48CD-A959-138DB56245BA.jpeg ED3A7D62-A1FC-4D73-9B67-200AEA300829.jpeg

Looks so lovely on you! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so pretty! I may need to stay off the pearl forum because there's a lot of new temptation in here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results