shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for some feedback

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lookintobuy

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First time poster looking to purchase a diamond. I''m looking for some feed back on this particular one. Thanks in advance!

Here are the specs:

Carat: 1.09
VS2
H
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 56
. Crown Angle: 35
. Star : 50
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.64x6.68x4.08
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Cut Grade: Excellent
. Fluorescence: None

aset040709.jpeg

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The cut is exemplary, and H is a pure white sweet spot in fine cuts.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very nice indeed!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice.

aayushk

Rough_Rock
great choice, h-vs2 is the best bang for you buck if you ask me!

and the dimensions equal those of hearts & arrows, as you have in the photo.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Numbers look great. Is that ASET for the actual diamond? I ask because the lower half lengths in the image you posted aren''t 75%, though GIA rounds that number so it could be closer to 77% in reality. If that is the actual image it has great cut precision & performance.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone looks great and I love H stones, my personal sweet spot is H/SI.

lookintobuy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feed back everyone.

Hi John, the ASET is of the actual diamond.

gia040709.JPG

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/8/2009 6:25:30 PM
Author: lookintobuy
Thanks for the feed back everyone.

Hi John, the ASET is of the actual diamond.
If I recognize the photography correctly it''s a reputable, high quality seller and I presume nothing is amiss. With that said I''m a pavilion cut junkie and the disparity between lower half data and actual image was bugging me...so I did a little experiment.

The diamond has good enough cut precision that mm dimensions & average proportions provided should get a wire-frame simulation rather close to the actual image (even with rounding). But in this case I had to go to 80/60 lower halves and stars to match the image. 75/50 did not line up well at all.

Here it is with 80/60.

wire-56-408-350-60-80.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And with data from the report (75/50):

wire-56-408-350-50-75.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, you can see the lower half lengths, especially, line up better with the first wire-frame.

I want to note that there's no reason to be concerned, as the diamond in this ASET image is going to look DYNAMITE regardless of whether the lowers are 75, 80 or somewhere between.
1.gif

My curiosity goes to whether this was a GIA scan issue, which would mean the report is off from the actual stone. Alternately, this could have to do with the seller's ASET setup, although their other images match the grading reports if it's the setup I believe it to be. Do you have a magnified actual photo - not in a reflector?

lookintobuy

Rough_Rock
Hi John,

Thanks for your help. Here is a photo of the diamond.

Diamond040709.JPG

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/8/2009 8:50:57 PM
Author: lookintobuy
Hi John,

Thanks for your help. Here is a photo of the diamond.
My pleasure LTB.

The image has a bit of tilt in it but you can see how this diamond matches the configuration given on the report. Strange discrepancy between the mag photo and ASET. It could be a setup standardization issue, or the seller could have accidentally sent the ASET for a similar stone (the seller is not who I originally presumed).

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is the mag image with wireframe. Not with actual mm (I'm late to dinner) but you can see how it lines up better, even with avg proportions all-around.

wire-56-408-350-50-75-mag.jpg

lookintobuy

Rough_Rock
Once again, thanks John. I''ll ask for more images if they have different scopes. The diamond is from one of the vendors on PS and they sound reputable from the feedback and reviews I''ve read. The price is right and I have decided to go through with the purchase.

Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results