shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for smaller engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brilliantround

Rough_Rock
33.gif
You didn't miss out on anything..? I'm only leaning towards the WF. I'm pretty sure BN has 100% return policy so it's tough and I'd still like some opinions on which ring everyone would pick...

UPDATE I should've read the terms more closely. 10% off at BN is not on loose diamonds. Figures. So WF it is because $3500.. is a bit high I'm afraid considering I still need to get a band for her.

brilliantround

Rough_Rock
Bump.

Going with the 0.616ct G VS1 A Cut Above in a 4 prong Platinum Tiffany style setting.
She likes the low key simple elegance of it because she plans on wearing her engagement ring almost everyday.

Now looking for a blinging wedding band. Looking at bluenile

18k white gold pave

18k white gold eternity

18k white gold 5 stone

Opinions requested on these rings. How about the combining of platinum engagement ring with white gold wedding band? Yay or nay? Platinum wedding band puts us well over budget.. but she''s adamant on platinum setting.

So for reference, she loves this look and also likes it in a channel

Thanks. Almost there!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 5:53:28 PM
Author: brilliantround
Bump.

Going with the 0.616ct G VS1 A Cut Above in a 4 prong Platinum Tiffany style setting.
She likes the low key simple elegance of it because she plans on wearing her engagement ring almost everyday.

Now looking for a blinging wedding band. Looking at bluenile

18k white gold pave

18k white gold eternity

18k white gold 5 stone

Opinions requested on these rings. How about the combining of platinum engagement ring with white gold wedding band? Yay or nay? Platinum wedding band puts us well over budget.. but she''s adamant on platinum setting.

So for reference, she loves this look and also likes it in a channel

Thanks. Almost there!
Nay... I think over time the white gold wedding band will be damaged by rubbing against the plat ER... I would stick to same metal for both band...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a plat pave eternity band for $675: http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c21354t3d.html

or a prong set plat band for $825: http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c824t4d.html

or a larger pave band for $910: http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c22309t4d.html

brilliantround

Rough_Rock
Facetfire, those seem just about right! Thanks.
2mm seems a bit thin on the hand in those photos.. Of course, she's going to wear it with the engagement ring most of the time so maybe a moot point?

Is 2mm a good band size for a 3.5 finger? Is Fay Cullen trustworthy?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, didn't see your question. I love a 2mm band with an e-ring (especially on such a tiny finger). I myself choose a 2.5 mm band (on a size 5.5 finger), which isn't much bigger, but that's because the band on my ering is thicker and I didn't want them to be too unbalanced. I myself have never purchased from Fay Cullen, but there are a number of people on here that have and seem happy. You can probably do a search to find out more. The only catch is that there are no returns on the special order rings, which those all are. So, I'd recommend going into a local store and looking at similar bands first to make sure that's what she wants. But the quality looks very good for the price! Hope that helps!

brilliantround

Rough_Rock
Update. Received a pic of the ring from WF today.

Ring_0112.jpg

.616ct G VS1 A Cut Above in a 4 prong plat tiffany style.

Figuring out whether to go with this to the right from fay cullen
p.jpg

or this below from novori
12775211.jpg

The advantage of the novori is that it's not a custom size so 30 day return policy applies. $100 more. Novori states G-H and fay cullen states H-I, both VS. .30ct all the way around on the fay cullen, .13ct part way on the novori. hmmm...
33.gif
Btw, she doesn't necessarily want all the way around..Is it uncomfortable to have stones on the sides and palm side? I would imagine it might be.

Just need to sort this out and we are go for launch.

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think the Fay Cullen one matches well. I like the other one better...

The Fay Cullen one looks too square and antique-y....

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 4:59:57 PM
Author: brilliantround
Update. Received a pic of the ring from WF today.

Ring_0112.jpg

.616ct G VS1 A Cut Above in a 4 prong plat tiffany style.

Figuring out whether to go with this to the right from fay cullen
p.jpg

or this below from novori
12775211.jpg

The advantage of the novori is that it''s not a custom size so 30 day return policy applies. $100 more. Novori states G-H and fay cullen states H-I, both VS. .30ct all the way around on the fay cullen, .13ct part way on the novori. hmmm...
33.gif
Btw, she doesn''t necessarily want all the way around..Is it uncomfortable to have stones on the sides and palm side? I would imagine it might be.

Just need to sort this out and we are go for launch.
Beautiful ring!!!

brilliantround

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 5:31:28 PM
Author: kristy_lyn

I don''t think the Fay Cullen one matches well. I like the other one better...

The Fay Cullen one looks too square and antique-y....

Now that I look at it again after your comment, I agree! The novori one is cleaner and sleeker which better matches. Thanks for the eye
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results