shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for setting for a heart shape diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daibay

Rough_Rock
My hubby has recently bought me a 1.22 ct H, Si2 diamond. He purposely asked the jeweller to set it as high as possible, thinking more lights would pass through the diamond, hence more sparkly, plus the diamond would look bigger. I do think that it does look bigger if I look straight down to the ring, but it looks odd if I view it from the side. Can anyone show me what your heart shape diamond ring looks like? any ideas on what setting I should be looking at? another question is that I took pictures of the ring, but the picture exceeding the size limit...any help?

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you don''t like the setting from the side, then get it re-done. Your jewelry should please you and not anybody else. That being, said, I personally don''t like high settings, as I am always afraid it will be hit on something and knocked off.

daibay

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the instructions on reducing the picture image. Let''s see if it works.

hearts2b.JPG

daibay

Rough_Rock
another picture.

heartsb.JPG

daibay

Rough_Rock
3rd picture

hearts3b.JPG

daibay

Rough_Rock
I''ve been wearing the ring for the past few days, just to ''test'' it out and I think all of you are right that it feels like the ring is always in my way....i''m afraid it will get damage soon....here''s the side view.

heart4b.JPG

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I''d take it back to the jeweller and ask to have it lowered. If you''re uncomfortable with the height, you won''t enjoy wearing your ring! It''s beautiful, but I agree that it''s set very high.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Are you looking for a completely new setting? I like the idea of bezeling the diamond, as it would accentuate the heart shape.

ETA: If you like your current setting, I would go back to the jeweler, and have them lower the stone. I imagine it gets caught on things a lot!

daibay

Rough_Rock
I am totally open to new setting, just don''t know what would look good for a heart shape diamond. I will do more reserch on bezeling the diamond.....thanks!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I agree with a nice thin bezel, I think it will be the most flattering shape for a heart diamond. It will also make it appear a little bigger. I love the band of your ring though! Very pretty.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is lovely. I am pretty kltutzy so I would want the setting lowered. Here is a RHR I have with a heart diamond mounted on a sapphire /diamond ering. My heart diamond is much smaller than yours though; it is a 1/2 ct.

hrtringclsmc.gif
hrtsap2mc.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if NSC sells their mountings only, but I found this heart shaped bezel setting, simple, but pretty.

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Mountings/Rings/Solitaire/stoneid=JS682PT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results