shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking For Rubellite/Pink Tourmaline

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am looking for an untreated reddish pink/ pinkish red tourmaline that is around two to three carats. My budget is around $1500. I wish the stone is oval, round, square, or cushion. The clarity is eye clean and the tone is not too dark. I have a stone I was interested but it was sold couple days ago. Please let me know if any online dealers have such stone. Thank you.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You could try this one:

http://www.gemartservices.com/stones.php?id=tou014

I bought a slightly smaller one and it really is lovely. I haven't had it set yet - I will do so after Christmas in a diamond halo.

Jerry is a delight to deal with and his cutting is wonderful.

good luck.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for telling me this stone. This one is sold. This is the one I am talking about. Can you please post a photo of your stone?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would go down the custom cutting route, as I had done in the past.

Below are pics of my Rubellite Tourmaline cut by Jeff White back in 2014, don't have the spec to hand except it is about 9mm in diameter, sorry!

tml110.jpg

jwrubellite_01.jpg

jwrubellite_02.jpg

Try contacting him to see if he has similar roughs waiting to be cut.

DK :))

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous rubellite!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemfix.com has some stones available.

I bought my rubellite from them and am really happy with the stone. Mine is about 8 mm if I remember correctly.

img_13786.jpg

img_13788.jpg

img_13789.jpg

Falco

Rough_Rock
Hi, I just had a look at the gemmart tourmaline you like and it allowed me to click through to paypal. Perhaps it is has become available again? Maybe they haven't updated their system yet, but just thought maybe you should check on it again. Good luck.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yvonne has had some nice rubellite pieces lately, but they're pears. Maybe shoot her an email and see if her sources might have something in the shape you're looking for?

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dk168 Is your stone untreated? Is the colour actually pure red like the stone in the first photo?

Acinom You give me the idea how the stone actually look like comparing to the gemfix's photo. It seems that the stone in their photo is
darker than the stone in reality.

Falco They just haven't updated the website.

Thanks.

DDOC

Rough_Rock
Trade
**edited by moderator, trade members may not weigh in on purchases or recommend vendors or stones**

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all your advice. I will look at time when I have time.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
pwsg07|1480267875|4102911 said:
Thank you for telling me this stone. This one is sold. This is the one I am talking about. Can you please post a photo of your stone?

Hi OP

This one is indeed available. I was the one bought it and have returned it
If you are interested, just double check with Jerry to confirm, I think it's available though.

Cheers

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked my e-mails with Jeff, and there was no mention of any treatment.

It is not pure red as there is a bit of blue in it, leaning towards raspberry.

DK :))

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi OTL,

Thank you for letting me know the tourmaline is returned. May I know why you return the stone?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
pwsg07 said:
Hi OTL,

Thank you for letting me know the tourmaline is returned. May I know why you return the stone?

The rubelite has very nice color, but it has a bow tie that I didn't see in Jerry's photo. Plus I already own a very nice rubelite, and this one just didn't beat it.
Anyway, I am getting really picky about stones now, it's not the stone's fault...

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you OTL

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, kellyfish. However, this stone doesn't have the colour I am looking for.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally assume all pink and red tourmalines to be heated since this is a very common treatment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results