shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for pave cathedral NSEW/compass setting suggestions

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
Hi! :wavey:
We recently purchased a 1.6ct Asscher to use for a LONG overdue engagement ring (tomorrow is our 12th anniversary). I love the look of a thin pave cathedral setting with it; flush fit so I can triple stack it with my existing 1mm platinum bands.

The catch is I want to have the stone and prongs NSEW/compass set. I've found very few pictures that could give me an idea of what this would look like from the side. Have you seen other settings like this? TIA!!

Something like this:
!!! NSEW prongs pave cathedral sideview.jpg
I like that the shank flows straight through the shoulder into the prong, but I'm not sure how this would work with the pave. Maybe I could have a simple engraving mark where the diamonds end before the prong?
!!! Cathedral straight into prong- make all 4 curved to match.png
This is roughly what it would look like, except the prongs will hold the corners:
0623E954-761D-4860-917A-65DC3DADCBE9.jpeg 64766CBB-A24A-4ED1-AA0D-DDA70D91E506.jpeg CF8B4ABA-E63D-43C8-B088-44B896B7BBA0.jpeg

Attachments

• !!! Cathedral straight into prong- make all 4 curved to match.png
    !!! Cathedral straight into prong- make all 4 curved to match.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
Anyone? :confused:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Do you like bezels at all? WWW

(IS is flooding with mid-day sky blue diamonds today! www )

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it really won’t be haloed? I just fed like that’s a mistake. And you can do a nsew halo

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A NSEW square does not seem more in the open than a marquise - on the contrary.

Without little diamond on the setting, this will be a subtle ring.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
So it really won’t be haloed? I just fed like that’s a mistake. And you can do a nsew halo

I initially thought about doing a halo but looking at them and sitting my stone in some I feel like it actually takes away from the center stone. I normally LOVE halos but for some reason it just strikes me as too busy.

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
I feel like it actually takes away from the center stone.

I'm with you, especially for asschers. I think surrounding a step cut with a bunch of little brilliant cuts creates visual dissonance.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
Although I do like them in the background (band) for color contrast. Maybe 1.5mm old single cut melee...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Antique Chic The basket and the prongs buit with little 'elbows' (they seem to complete the corners into a point) seem perfect for the job! Perhaps you could have them make your ring? (no idea if the shop accepts such orders, or would point to te maker of that setting...) & I agree that any type of pave on the band would contrast interestingly with the step cut as @Venzen007 puts it.

Fingers crossed!

I can't get your stone out of my head because of the colour ...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They make halos with stones other than rounds.

But that’s too bad, I think a halo would being out color you would otherwise lose on the hand.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Niel. I looked at Asscher and EC halos but didn’t see any that were small and delicate enough for what I’m looking for.

Surprisingly, it looks more blue against my skin, not less.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome 360 of the basket. Thanks!!!

With NSEW prongs you are going to have to make sure that they are high enough off the shank of the ring to give enough room for stacking
(which looks like what you want to do). I think this one that @AV_ posted is very pretty but I dont think the prongs are high enough for stacking.
Anyway, before you buy or design, just make sure the prongs are not in the way.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tip! I had already thought of that, but that would have been crucial information if I hadn’t!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
0AC9AFDF-8CF8-4ABA-9C6F-EFD88F7B991C.jpeg I saw one at Lauren B...my XL fingers prevented me from actually getting it all the way on, but I thought the side profile was pretty and I liked the tab prongs.

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
0AC9AFDF-8CF8-4ABA-9C6F-EFD88F7B991C.jpeg I saw one at Lauren B...my XL fingers prevented me from actually getting it all the way on, but I thought the side profile was pretty and I liked the tab prongs.

Thanks! I will check out Lauren B!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results