shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for opinions on these two RBs -

eiger

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am comparing two diamonds. My criteria are as follows (in no particular order):
I color (or better although I probably won’t find better than I at my price point)
Eye clean
carats or very close
Faint or little fluorescence
No natural on the girdle (I had that once before and didn’t like it!)
Ideal or near ideal cut, polish, symmetry
I like the dance of colors that you get from stones with smaller tables. I am not sure how small a table I need to achieve this, but I know that I do not want a 60/60 stone.
I like “flashes of light” but I like sparkle even better.

Stone A can be sent to my home or a local appraiser and has a 30 day return period. Stone B can be sent to and seen at a local jeweler before purchasing.
Stone A) I am waiting for to see if photos, idealscope or aset images are available. So far, all I have is the GIA report:
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=5176765256&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547
Or
Stone B) I have the GIA report and a photo of the stone. The photo appears below.
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=1189024186&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

3_4.png

I would like to have the stone set in a modified version of something like either of these. I was told that since these both feature a double halo they would be too big with a 3 carat center stone and the ring would either fall on other fingers or curve awkwardly - despite my 6.75 ring size.
ring_setting_two.jpg [i ring_setting_one.jpg

Any opinions about the stones or how the settings might be modified (I really do like the double halo look, but obviously I don't want the ring slanting down on the sides or spilling across fingers. Do you think this will look pretty? I am hoping that I am getting close to making a selection but I I know that I will still need to see the stones in person.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty settings. Can you forgo the inside halo and just do the outer/fancier shaped halo? That would make the ring coverage smaller..... maybe just do a small milgrain bezel instead?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post all the images when you get them. The first stone has the more common angles that we consider safe.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone A is much better than B. B has issues. It's overdeep and I don't think the angles are the best.

I think with those settings you should be shooting for 2.5 carats.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results