shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for opinions on another - better cut i hope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gs2004

Rough_Rock
Seeking opinions again (thanks for your comments before phoenixgirl & aljdewey). This is a stone I''ve seen several times under varying light types, wondering though if it would look ''yellow'' set in Platinum (ie is I a color to stay away from?). Jeweler is asking $7700.

Round 1.61 ct
(7.49 * 7.53 * 4.63)
Color = I, Clarity = SI1 (I''ve inspected, it''s eye clean)
Pol Good, Sym Very Good, No Fluorescence
Depth 61.7% Table 56%
Crown Angle 34.8
Crown Height 15%
Pavilion Angle 40.9
Pavilion Height 43%

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
GS, the numbers on this stone look much better. Have you seen an Idealscope image on this? It sounds like you've seen it in person.....how did it look?

If it performs as well as the numbers suggest it should, you've found a winner. If the grading report is AGS or GIA, then I'd say don't worry about the I color. The better cut will make it face up white.

gs2004

Rough_Rock
aljdewey it's GIA certified... i've seen the diamond and it looked great alone & compared it to a J (side-by-side the I looked much better.

i viewed by appointment where the jeweler had some sort of special lamp (not bright mall lights!) which increases my confidence. think its necessary to get myself and Idealscope?

I'll definitely contemplate both Yellow Gold v. Platinum but the Fiancé-to-be loves Platinum. Thanks for your input, I'm leaning heavily towards this diamond (I've looked at least 50 in the last month!).

regards,
gs

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
GS - based on what you've said, I really think the I will be fine in platinum due to its exceptional cut. To ease your mind, though, go to the "show me the ring" files.....there are plenty of examples in there of I stones set in platinum and they look GORGEOUS.

Our friend PQ recently got a J stone (ACA) from WF, and because it was cut SOOOO well, it faced up *beautifully* in her half-bezel platinum setting.

Nice work!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The stone looks like a performer.the numbers are nice!!
The only thing concerns me is how it looks in white metal.
Usually it's ok.If it is a good I color or it's a border line J color?
(J colors are usually better set in yellow gold as they face up white.)
The price is right,even though it's about $200.00 more than similiar stones.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results