shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Opinions! .43 Canadian Diamond!

GooseGal

Rough_Rock
Hi there!

We believe we have found the "perfect for us" diamond. We're set on getting a round cut Canadian diamond (two Canadians who've always liked the idea of having a Canadian stone), under 0.5 carats but as close to as possible (with our required characteristics). For budget reasons we've been looking at I color, VS2 or above, Excellent cut.

We now have what we think is a great find on hold with BN, but we're concerned it's almost too good for the price! It'll be set in their 6 prong classic 18k yellow gold setting. Originally I was concerned about the "VG" polish & symmetry but from reading these forums and the stone being a smaller one I think I'm ok with "Very Good". We're hoping to get a photo today for piece of mind, but would love to hear your opinions! :)

PRICE C$914.00
BN Stock #LD06564564
Price per carat C$2,126
Carat weight 0.43
Shape Round
Cut Ideal
Colour I
Clarity VS2
Length/width ratio 1.01
Depth % 61.7%
Table % 56.0%
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Girdle Thin to Medium
Culet None
Fluorescence None
Measurements 4.84 x 4.90 x 3.00 mm

GIA REPORT NUMBER 6215398333

GooseGal

Rough_Rock
I guess more specifically - is there anything that stands out about these specs that would prevent you from purchasing? GIA does note some feathering and twinning wisp but on a VS2 I feel I shouldn't dwell on those specs - or am I way off base with that line of thinking?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be worried about the inclusions.

I ran it through the hca, and it gets a 2.9 - worth buying if the price is right. For ~900 cad, it is a smokin' price. The closest JA has is over $1000 for smaller.

I'd order it and you can always send it back if you don't love it.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Pav angle is a little steep with that CA so I'd wonder if there might be a little light leakage particularly under the table.

GooseGal

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! I did notice the pav. angle a little too steep as well, but if it's just that and the minor inclusions are contributing to the lower price they may actually be working out for us. I thought for under $1000 I must be missing something very wrong with this stone. For that price we'll order it and if in person it's noticeably not as sparkly as we want it'll go back, I'm just so excited to finally have it on my finger I don't want to have to return it! ;-)

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
I hope it works out for you! GL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results