shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for NC wedding magazines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xiuying

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies (and gents)!

This may sound like an odd question, but I''m planning on getting married in North Carolina and am having a difficult time finding great ceremony/reception sites. The big part of the problem is that I currently live in Maryland (NC is where most of my family lives). My fiance and I are also considering Richmond, VA (where most of his - smaller - family lives) but I''ve been able to find some nice sites there.

Recently I was at a friend-of-a-friend''s house and noticed she had all sorts of magazines that had special details on Texas-only areas! Bridal salons, restaurants, reception sites, etc. Something like that would be SO helpful to this process! Unfortunately, I''ve looked everywhere online and I can''t seem to find anything. You''d think people making bridal magazines would be happy to sell them... but all I can find are the usual magazines (Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, etc.) that aren''t specific from state-to-state.

Do wedding magazines for North Carolina just not exist?
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I'm not in North Carolina, but I decided to do a search for you ... as I'm procrastnating right now
1.gif

Not sure where in NC you're looking, but I found this one for the Triangle Park area: Southern Bride and Groom
Again, I have no idea if it is a good resource or not ...

Good luck!

ETA:
Found some more!

Here's a link for NC beach weddings: Coastal Event Planner

I don't think this one has a magazine, but it seems to be a website for weddings any where in NC: NC Weddings

Hope this helps!

xiuying

Rough_Rock
Thanks turtledazzle! That''s so sweet of you for helping me find things
5.gif
My parents live in Davidson, which is about 20 minutes north of Charlotte... so I was hoping for more things around the Charlotte area, but I''m also willing to travel some if that means I''ll be able to find a beautiful ceremony/reception area! That''s one of the things I''m going to be super picky about
2.gif

I''ve looked at NC weddings but that doesn''t have much information on reception sites, sadly....

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Carolina Bride magazine is based in Charlotte.

One thing I''d suggest is asking your mom or whomever to maybe go to a bridal store and look for publications for you -- sometimes they have bridal magazines there.

xiuying

Rough_Rock
Ohhhh, Carolina Bride looks PERFECT! *squeal* You''re amazing! Thank you!!!

By the way, I''ve tried asking my mom to look around before... but she already wants me to get married in a church, and I''m hoping for an outdoor ceremony, so I''m not sure how willing she''d be to help me find an outdoor place...
3.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Happy to help! I hope you find a fantastic place for your outdoor ceremony.

Oh, and you could just tell your mom that you need her to find the magazines to help scout out the reception site
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results