shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Montana Sapphire

Nuzhat Majid

Rough_Rock
MasterCutGems has a few. This may be a bit over your budget, but they run sales pretty often, maybe worth asking if the price is negotiable:
https://www.mastercutgems.com/Produ...natual_Sapphire_1_87_carat-Gem.php?FromPage=1

Hey guys, I am really close to getting this sapphire. My partner and I both really like it, and the negotiated price is close to out budget. I have a couple of questions of certification and insurance. I spoke with Rachelle from MasterCut about certification, and she mentioned they usually don't include a certification for gems priced less than $1500. She also said, an AGL certification with insurance and shipping will cost about $300 or more extra, and she doesn't think it is necessary.

What do you guys think? I am nervous because this is my first purchase of a gemstone. How important is it to get certification? Is it worth spending extra $300-$400 for certification and insurance. I am also not sure what type of insurance she is talking about...

Thank you all so much,
Nuzhat

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey guys, I am really close to getting this sapphire. My partner and I both really like it, and the negotiated price is close to out budget. I have a couple of questions of certification and insurance. I spoke with Rachelle from MasterCut about certification, and she mentioned they usually don't include a certification for gems priced less than $1500. She also said, an AGL certification with insurance and shipping will cost about $300 or more extra, and she doesn't think it is necessary.

What do you guys think? I am nervous because this is my first purchase of a gemstone. How important is it to get certification? Is it worth spending extra $300-$400 for certification and insurance. I am also not sure what type of insurance she is talking about...

Thank you all so much,
Nuzhat

Saw your other post and it looks like you already made your decision, but just wanted to add that I would also absolutely trust Dana and Rachelle. I’ve purchased several stones from them and most were better than expected. Look forward to seeing yours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results