shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Moldavite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moldavite13

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a physical store in the Boston area, or anywhere in Mass for that matter or RI, where I would be able to find moldavite jewelry? I''ve been despretly trying to find a place so that I can get my boyfriend a xmas gift, but have been unable to.
THANKS!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to be unable to help as I am unfamiliar with that area. I hope someone know knows the area will chime in.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 11:46:49 AM
Author:Moldavite13
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a physical store in the Boston area, or anywhere in Mass for that matter or RI, where I would be able to find moldavite jewelry? I''ve been despretly trying to find a place so that I can get my boyfriend a xmas gift, but have been unable to.
THANKS!!
I am not thinking that Massachusetts will have much of a selection, as Molodavite in itself is a very rare item to find. Since it is considered a tektite, it''s rare as it is thought to have been created by a meteorite, and not volcanic. This means there are not a lot of sources. That I know of, the only pieces are coming out of mines in Eastern Europe and within 8 years mining will be exhausted for gem grade.

Not sure what you were looking for specifically, but you may have bettr luck on the internet through speciality mineral and gem sellers. It''s a tough find, but you may be able to get some nices specimens and then custom make the jewlery. Finding it already IN jewlery will prove a bit harder I think...

Good luck! And once you get something, please post it. To my knowledge this would be the first Molodavite jewlery on the site!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results