shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for inspo - wedding bands with flower cluster/halo

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for inspiration, ideas and recommendations for a wedding band to go with my antique flower cluster/halo ring (pictured). I'd like a flush fitting band, with no gaps. Not yet decided whether to go for a plain band, diamond set or diamond & sapphire.
I don't know what the budget is yet.* We're waiting on an investment, which I think will also affect when we will be able to marry.

*I'm estimating between £500-1000, he will probably want to keep it down. My first wedding ring was cheap for platinum back in 2007.
This ring will also need to be platinum. I may be able to sell off my old rings to help with funds for the new ones. I got a price for them back in 2010 but I was only offered between £300-400 (can't remember exactly but it was less than half what was paid for both, they were originally approx £1150).

Engagement ring :

So far I've seen slot to fit bands (jackets) - where there appears to be 2 bands surrounding the engagement ring.
I've seen curved bands ,and bands with notches taken out of them so the engagement ring lies over the notch.
Out of these, the notch one is my preference. I've searched on here and seen this thread by Lizzie C (2006)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-wedding-band-is-finished-pics-inside.41901/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-wedding-band-is-finished-pics-inside.41901/[/URL]

My engagement ring is quite flat against my finger but I think there may be room underneath.

Otherwise if I was going to go with a curved band, the curve from the bottom of the band to the bottom of the basket is about 5mm.
Here's one I've seen that's a similar style (curved band) :

http://www.ringjewellery.co.uk/jewellery/fitted-wedding-rings?p=4&per=10

(last one on page 5- the individiual photo won't link) The company are a long way away from where we are.

Are there any other options I may not have seen? I do want to continue wearing my engagement ring, I know that some ladies stop wearing theirs. It seems a shame to stop wearing it.

img_11950.jpg

img_9994__2_.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Looking for inspo - wedding bands with flower cluster/ha

How about one with a gap

20160526_154047_1.jpg

20160531_123113_0.jpg

20160526_154459_0.jpg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Is that yours?
I hadn't thought about one with the gap, does it move and pinch the skin at all? :confused:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

I love that idea, Niel!!! Your set is gorgeous and something similar would work beautifully for LJSapphire's gorgeous ring. I worry that the flatness of your ring would impede the flush fit you're going for otherwise. Could you go try some one at a store? Although, again, I love the idea that Niel proposed.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes I need to do some research to find out what stores nearby sell shaped bands. We have the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham which I think would be a good place to start.
Because we haven't set a date yet, I haven't really started looking properly but I wanted to get some ideas about what is possible. :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh no ifs not mine. It's a recent post in SMTB , it just seems to be a solution to the problem you have.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OK thanks, it's a possibility I hadn't thought of. I need to get a notepad to start putting ideas down on. Or I could add them to my pinterest :)

I've just tried with my old wedding ring and it does just fit. It's a 3mm medium weight court iirc so maybe a light weight one would work better, if I needed a budget option.
Obviously I'm hoping for something that "goes" together better than this, there is a slight gap and I'd like them to fit together if possible.

img_11954.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know I really don't mind that gap, if you had to have one. I think it's very chic

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, with a 2mm band instead of 3mm perhaps. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LJ -

You can also get bands of different thicknesses. Maybe you should be looking for one with a thickness of 1.1mm. it wouldn't be hugely sturdy, but at least it would fit. Normal is 1.3 - 1.5mm, but I know you can get thinner. Given how close the one you've tried on gets to your e-ring, I think one even slightly thinner might do the trick for you.

And - I agree with Niel - I think a slight gap looks very chic.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks mrs-blop.
I've looked back on the site where I bought my first wedding ring from and it's a 1.5mm depth, their light ones are 1mm depth for a 2mm band. The price is only £150 for 950 platinum which is very cheap. In fact, the price makes me wary that they are too cheap!

But I will keep the idea of a fine plain band as a plan B, if a shaped ring doesn't work out for me :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results