shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for help with diamond purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicholefl

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have been looking for my e-ring for a few months now and we found a stone at the jeweler which is a GIA certified "Cut by Tolkowsky" brand, 1.66 ct / G / VS1. The problem is that it''s $17900 and with the setting, will put us over budget (15-18k).
I found this one at Whiteflash that with the platinum 6-prong Tiffany style setting, will stay within budget:
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-171967.htm#

What do you think? I was wondering if the ideal scope image has too much white around the outside, as I''ve seen other images that were all red/pink around the perimeter. This is alot of money for us, so we are nervous making a purchase like this over the internet. The 1.66 I looked at is beautiful and there is a "comfort factor" involved with going to our local jeweler, but I felt the price was high...and I definitely prefer the size of the 1.83. Any advice?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
My BF just bought my e-ring diamond from WF and it was a smooth transaction. The diamond was as described and arrived as agreed. Granted our diamond was $6000 but for us that was a lot of money and we were nervous as well but all went very well . . . I feel comfortable recommending them.

-hikerchick

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The WF stone you linked is beautiful. It has great specs, and the IS looks nice as well. I wouldn''t worry about the white on the outside of the stone, it adds contrast and most people like the look. If you want to further save money you could easily go down in clarity to an eye-clean SI stone, but if you have a taste for higher clarity the stone you picked out is lovely.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Also don''t forget the pricescope discount . . . it will save you about $800 . . .

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicole - it rarely gets better than that ACA from WF you are considering, it is an absolute top notch diamond!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The white belongs there.. very nice diamond.

FightOn

Rough_Rock
Hi nicholefl!

My fiance purchased my e-ring from whiteflash and bought a stone very similar to the one you have your eye on. The price was also in the same range, just a little under 18K. He was a little hesitant about making such a large purchase online, but he had heard so many great things about Whiteflash from everyone on Pricescope. In the end, he said it was wonderful experience. They were very helpful and professional! Plus like everyone says, you get a nice discount if you do a bank wire. Good luck! And please post pictures once you have made your decision.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results