carat
color
clarity

Looking for help with an 2ct emerald cut

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone,

I am helping my brother to find an emerald cut for his significant other. In order for the stone to be mind clean they have agreed on the following specs: at least 1.9ct, vs1 or better, G or better. As she is looking for a fairly fancy setting, the stone should be as close to the target of 1k as possible.

We have found a contender that satisfies all the above requirements, but we would love the expert opinion on the cut and make quality (e.g. no strivia etc):

This one faces a tad smaller than its weight at roughly 8.5x6, but that is in acceptable range for him

Thank you for the input

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an expert. Do you have the certificate on it or the specs? That crown height looks very low to me. I think the flashes look pretty good, but I'm not sure I could buy it based on just this. Need more info.

SeattleiteGirl

Rough_Rock
I'm not an expert. Do you have the certificate on it or the specs? That crown height looks very low to me. I think the flashes look pretty good, but I'm not sure I could buy it based on just this. Need more info.

Yeah I’m guessing the crown height is around 12.5%, which is ok in some stones depending on how it works with the other angles.

From my recent experience (3 separate emerald cuts in the last year), a 365 video can tell you if a stone is bad, but it can’t tell you if a stone is good. You will either need an ASET, Ideal Scope, or high quality video. All three is best to evaluate how an emerald cut will perform. There are so many duds out there.

Consider looking into ID Jewelry or other similar places that have competitive pricing but stock their own diamonds so that someone can get eyes on the stone before deciding. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results