shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for help, .75ct J - Strong Blue Fluor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustWarnOthers

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I'm fresh to this forum as of today. I've been shopping around for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, and had a few questions about a Diamond I have in mind.

My girlfriend very much likes the round halo setting. In particular, the very delicate band, with as little setting as possible.

This is a good example, albeit with smaller sidestones:

http://oscaring.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/r/8/r8140_1.jpg

I went shopping locally at a Jeweler who only sold Lazare and Hearts on Fire diamonds. They were extremely overpriced in my opinion. This particular jeweler has the PERFECT setting, but the setting is handmade and far outside my price range (setting alone was 4100).

The Jeweler let me know that they have a non handmade version, which is 2700, but requires a .75ct diamond at the minimum. This jewelers .75ct were also outside of my price range.

I went looking on Blue Nile and found this Ideal Cut, J Color, VVS1 diamond with Strong Blue fluorescence. I understand that often the fluorescence can make a diamond look slightly whiter.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?filter_id=0&track=head#diamonds_pid=LD01709969

Any thoughts on this diamond? I really don't mind purchasing it, viewing it and sending it back if it doesn't fit the bill. The "Stats" seem ok as far as I can tell, concerning the depth and table % (I'd kind of prefer a smaller table, which I believe offers more fire) as well as the pavilion depth and crown height.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Edit* I did run the stats through the cut advisor, and it gave it excellent in the top 2 categories, and very good in the others.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond has good numbersand scores a 1.5 on the HCA. Do you really want vvsi? Thats somewhat overkill. I''ll see if I can find
any stones to suggest.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH....................one of those BDGs in that ID setting would be AMAZING!!!!!!

MustWarnOthers

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information.

Specifically I was looking to see if anyone knew how Strong Blue Fluorescence might appear on a .75ct diamond in the J or I color area. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also, can anyone suggest similar Halo settings?

I've been doing lots of searching online, but perhaps I'm missing some very reputable online setting manufacturers.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5493

This is very beautiful, although even more expensive than what I was looking at locally (Platinum is not necessary)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I have an I color diamond with strong blue fluorescence. I really only notice the fluoro in direct sunlight, and only when the diamond is face up in the sun. It shows a pale blue color in direct sunlight, which I find very beautiful. But it is subtle, and difficult to see with your eyes because a well-cut stone shoots blinding color flashes in the sun! But I have not noticed the blue color under any other lighting conditions -- like I said, it''s subtle. Your J may - may -- be slightly whiter in other lighting conditions because of the fluoro. Not all stones with fluor show this whitening effect in other lights, to my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results