shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for guidance -- oval stone search!

dobres208

Rough_Rock
Hi all! My boyfriend and I are in the middle of engagement ring hunting and would love some input from you knowledgable people! Although we have been researching and researching, there is still MUCH we can learn about diamonds.

When we first started ring shopping, I had thought of getting a ~.50 ct oval diamond with a halo setting in rose gold. However, as I consider it more and although I still think halos are beautiful, I feel a solitaire setting may be more in line with my style if I can find a diamond within our budget that would look nice on its own.

Mostly, we are hoping for a diamond that has: a minimal bowtie as possible, has a near 1.4 - 1.45-ish ratio, does not have a yellow tint and ... sparkles.

With a $2500 budget for the diamond, do you feel we'll be able to find a diamond that matches what we are looking for? If I go with a solitaire, I'm hoping for something closer to .7 carats, although the bigger we can get, the better. We just came across this one and would love to hear any thoughts on it, positive or negative so that we can learn: http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/0.71-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-885494

Any and all feedback is appreciated -- thank you in advance!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

dobres208

Rough_Rock
Great, thank you for your feedback! Would you mind sharing what drew you to those particular stones you linked? We're trying to learn as much as possible and would love to understand your thought process. Also -- do you (or anyone looking at this post!) feel a .70 is the largest quality stone we could find within our budget?

Many thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Faceting.and performance. You will.notice.they all have. ASETs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results